Lonely ~ Ch26

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

It was already the next morning when Sukuna had finally given up on sleeping. The man had too much on his mind, for hours fighting himself on whether he was desperate enough for knowledge to actually go looking for that Shuntaro brat in the village. And for what? To find out just exactly what it was about the princess that she kept hidden from him?

Sukuna was a prideful man. He would never just ask her straightforwardly. It would just never happen. But to ask a 6 year old who seemed to know better than him was also something that Sukuna thought he'd never do. If he done this, he'd never live it down. The fact he was desperate enough to go fishing for answers would weigh down on him for the rest of his life. Was he prepared to pay that price for a secret that may not even be worth it?

The man figured out the answer to those questions himself the moment he warped infront of the village gates.

Sukuna noticed instantly how the everyone at the village was hard at work. Today must be laundry day. All the women of the village were on the fields out front, scrubbing their clothes with cold water while their children played in the ponds. Sukuna couldn't spot the same brat from yesterday among those children so the pinkette began walking around the outskirts of the village, assesing it while attempting to find Shuntaro.

As much as he hated when the princess was right, he did in fact agree with her when she said that if he wanted to stay so close to the castle without getting chased by sorcerers every day, then he'd have to stop killing here. And now that he has, the sorcerers think he's in Chiba for some reason. But even though he wasn't killing, he still couldn't be seen or people would recognise him from all the stories. And it wasn't hard to spot a 4 armed man who had four eyes- he was quite obvious to recognise.

Sukuna was dissapointed with himself for doing this, finding his own actions awfully pitiful and weak. This was pathetic, sneaking around the borders of the village like this as if he were some scared rat. The man tried to console himself as he searched for Shuntaro, telling himself that she would never find out that he had done this. He doubted he'd even care about the information he would get out of Shuntaro- so there was no need to bring it up with her.

Sukuna was sorely mistaken, and he'd find that out soon enough.

It wasn't long before Sukuna found the same boy from yesterday coming out of a small house at the back of the village, the brunette holding a bundle of clothes that he happily dragged a bigger pile of clothes in a basket behind him. He seemed to be headed for the adults, him having to help during laundry day as he had no parents to do this for him. Sukuna warped closer to him, not worrying about being spotted as the adults were quite far away now. Yet Sukuna hesitated on calling out for him, knowing that if he did, there would be no going back.

"Oi, brat." Sukuna called out, forcing himself to speak through gritted teeth. He really didn't want to do this- but he knew it was too late to turn back when Shuntaro turned to face him with a surprised gasp. Shuntaro dropped the clothes in his arms onto the floor in shock at the sight of Sukuna, the basket that was being dragged behind him was now long forgotten too.

"Oh! Suk- I mean, Ryomen-san!" Shuntaro exclaimed in shock, his eyes widened as he unconciously took a dew steps closer to Sukuna. That's when his face contorted into one of realisation as he began looking left and right.
"You can't be here! If the adults find you then you'll be in big trouble!" Shuntaro whisper-yelled, knowing that if he was loud then someone may come out of their house to check what the commotion was about.

"I couldn't care less about that." Sukuna replied with rolled eyes, in pure disbelief that he had actually forgotten how unbelievably annoying this child was. Shuntaro's doe eyes stared up at Sukuna for a while, wondering why he was here to see him- why he looked so torn. (Y/n) had said to Shuntaro before that he only shows the angry side of him, yet this? This didn't look angry. Shuntaro couldn't tell what the emotion was that he was sensing, but it wasn't anger that was for sure.