Time ~ Ch61

Warnings : Self-sexual orientation shame

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"It's my birthday!" Miyuki cheered excitedly, bursting into my chambers with the biggest smile I've seen on her in a very long time. I giggled at her enthusiasm, giving her a confirming nod.
"Happy birthday, Miyuki-chan." I told her with a smile, watching as she practically skipped into my room and closed the door behind her.

"The ceremony starts in an hour, shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked her, my voice sounding amused as she took a seat on the bed beside me. I noticed that her hair had yet to be fixed, looking as if it had only just dried adter bathing. She was dressed in her simple white silk robe as she couldn't put on her royal kimono untill last minute, to keep it clean and fresh. I was actually doing the same, also dressed in a robe- though mine was black with silver linings.

"Mother said that I could ask you to do my hair." Miyuki told me with a shy smile, her suggestion bringing me joy.
"Really?" I asked with a suprised grin, suprised that our nother would really allow me to do Miyuki's hair on such a special day such as today. I wonder how much convincing that took.
"Yeah. You used to do my hair alot when we were younger- before your sickness got worse. I just thought today would be a great opportunity to relive those days." Miyuki explained, making me nod eagerly.

"Only if you want to, of course!" Miyuki added suddenly, not wanting to be pushy which only made me smile more.
"I'd love to." I said sincerly, hugging her before tugging her arm so that she was now standing infront of me.
"Come, sit infront of me." I told her, motioning to the carpet where I had just placed a pillow so that I could easily access her hair and braid it. Miyuki complied easily, sitting infront of me with her back facing me.

I began coming her hair gently, getting rid of all the knots so that it became silky smooth. This was always my favourite lart of braiding her hair, it was always so pretty and shiny after being washed and combed. Once every stand was untangled, I pulled her hair back and ran my fingers through it before envisioning what I'd like to do with her hair. That was when I noticed something...

"Miyuki...are these..." I was at a loss of words, my fingers brushing over red and purple marks that were littered over my sisters neck. I wasn't naiive. I knew exactly what these marks were. Why? Because I also have some marks of my own. Miyuki had no idea what I was referring to as I stared down at her neck, so the girl lifted up a hand to feel for herself. She pushed down on the bruises before gasping in pain. That was when she realised what I was talking about, her eyes going wide with embarrassment.

"O-oh, this is nothing! Just a bruise! I- uhm- hit myse-" Miyuki stumbled on her words, trying to come up with a beliveable excuse. But it was pointless to lie to me when I knew the truth this may work on Toru or our parents, but definitely not me who has similar marks.
"You don't need to lie." I assured her softly, keeping my voice as light as a feather so she'd understand that was not angry nor disgusted with her.

She stopped spouting nonsense the moment those words left my lips, turning her head to face me hesitantly.
"I don't?" Miyuki asked me nervously, a small frown on her lips as she but the inside of her cheek. Is shook my head in confirmation which seemed to only make her more hesitant and baffled.
"You're not angry?" She asked me, making me chuckle softly.

"It would be hypocritical of me if I were, especially in my predicament." I told her with a shy giggle, pulling down abit of my robe from my shoulder and exposing my bare skin to her. She gasped when she saw my love bites, mine a deep blue and purple which were not even close to the colours of her own. She sat up on her knees with a jolt when she saw them, suprise and shock written all over her features.