Chapter Twenty Five

Emily was woken up for the third morning in a row by drilling and hammering in one of the spare rooms upstairs. The boys wouldn't tell her what they were up to. They just said it was a surprise. The dogs were barking downstairs excitedly at all of the noise.

As long as Namjoon wasn't in that room she wasn't too worried, but they were disturbing her sleep and she wondered why the boys hadn't learned anything from past experiences.

Emily stood at the foot of the stairs.

"YOU LOT BETTER GET DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!" she bellowed as five heads swung over the top of the stairs.

"DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHY I AM AWAKE?"

They all shook their heads, dread filling them, Angry Little dragon mode was well and truly activated.

"What's going on?" Namjoon and Yoongi stuck their heads out of Yoongi's studio door.

"I'LL TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON! I HAVE BEEN WOKEN UP FOR THE THIRD MORNING IN A FUCKING ROW, IT'S NOT EVEN EIGHT O'CLOCK AND I AM FUCKING TIRED!" Emily ranted at the now ashen-faced boys.

"Sorry" came a chorus of forlorn replies.

"Right, well I'm awake now and if someone doesn't take me away from this banging and feed me bacon, I'll not be responsible for any murders"

"I'll take you for breakfast baby" Namjoon stepped out of the door frame

"I'm almost done, so if you get dressed, we can go. Ok?"

"Fine" Emily sighed letting him kiss the top of her head, annoyed at herself for being so submissive sometimes.

As Emily walked down the hall she heard whispers coming from the boys

"She's terrifying," they said in Korean, but she understood and smiled, glad that she could keep them on their toes.

———

Emily and Namjoon were sat opposite each other in a small café. Emily was finally smiling, mainly at the plate of bacon and eggs in front of her, but Namjoon occasionally got a small smile.

Food was truly the way to Emily's heart, well amongst other things.

"So how are your therapy sessions going?" he asked trying to open the conversation whilst she eating.

"Good actually, we've started doing some coping strategies" Emily replied through a mouthful of bacon, she still hadn't told them, each time one of them brought up her therapy, she felt guilt seep into her conscious.

"And how do you feel about the people that brought you up?" Namjoon asked with a small stutter.

"My parents? Sora helped me to see, that they have done horrible things, but they did bring me up and I do have good memories, but their actions have consequences and if I need to protect myself by not having them in my life, then I have no reason to feel guilty.

Although I do wish I had got to meet my birth parents, I know absolutely nothing about them and well, more so I wish they got to see that I was happy with you all." Emily mused Sadly.

"I know, and I know I'm not religious, but I do hope they can see how happy you are from where they are" Namjoon smiled taken aback at just how far Emily had come, she had made progress.

"What about you? How are the new tracks? When am I allowed to hear them? I'm so excited! I've even tried standing with my ear to the door, but I can't hear a thing" Emily laughed, remembering when she nearly fell in the door as Yoongi opened it.

"They're really good they should be ready in a few weeks, maybe a bit longer. Everyone has finished their vocals, so now it's just the producing" Namjoon's eyes glowed, he always looked the happiest when he was talking about music. It was as though his passion radiated through his veins and god it turned Emily on.