Chapter 9: Family Dinner

During the dinner, Sang Yan is eating and suddenly remembers about something. "Oh right, Pa, the time I finished my exam I'll move out of the campus to the main campus, could you borrow me your car?"

Sang Rong nods. "Do you have a lots of things? Do you need to call the moving company?"

Sang Yan: "No need, I am to lazy to get on the school bus?"

Li Ping asks: "Main campus? Isn't it near Zhi Zhi's school?"

Sang Yan : "Em."

Sang Rong: "Then if you have time you could pick up your Mei after her classes over."

"...... I need to go to the class and need to take care of the little kid."

Sang Zhi says: "I don't need him to pick me up."

"It's better that way." Sang Yan snorts and looks at Sang Rong. "It should be by the end of the month. Let me borrow your Toyota one. It's much bigger. I also can help my roommates to move out."

Sang Rong: "You can have anything but don't mistreat and bully your sister."

Sang Zhi also follows her father: "You can do anything but don't bully me."

"....." Sang Yan calms himself: "Okay."

She then realizes that he is saying "roommates", Sang Zhi is expecting it. She hesitates for a while and asks. "Ge Ge, which one of your roommates will you help?"

Sang Yan: "Why are you asking?"

Sang Zhi just acts calm: "I just want to help you to move out."

"..........." Sang Yan stops eating and thinks that he should hear it wrongly. He starts to doubt her. "You want to help me move out?"

Sang Zhi: "Right."

Sang Zhi doesn't know what her intention, he just reminds her. "You need to go to school."

"Isn't it in the weekend? I also finish school around 04:20 p.m. " Sang Zhi says. "After the school ends, I can come over and helps you ah. Anyway you will not finish early too."

Sang Yan: "But what a coincidence, before 04:20 p.m, I'll be done."

He clearly refuses her help.

Sang Zhi looks at him and pursues her lips. She says nothing else.

Sang Rong suddenly speaks up. "Your Mei just wants to help you, why are you acting that way? She doesn't mean anything bad."

Sang Yan is helpless. "I don't mean it. But the things will be heavy, how could she move it? I just want to avoid her to be hurt. I also will busy, how can I have time to care for her."

Sang Rong: "Then just let your Mei watches you move it."

Sang Yan: "......."

He sighs and looks at Sang Zhi, he says: "Okay, up to you."

Sang Zhi immediately turns happy when she gets a firm answer. She smiles happily: "Okay, then that time I'll come over and watch Ge Ge moves out."

"......"

—-

Actually even Sang Zhi herself, doesn't understand why she does it.

She doesn't know why should she probe out whether Duan Jia Xu has a girlfriend or not. She doesn't know too why she suggest that she wants to help Sang Yan to move out.

It's a lot of signs and clues but maybe Sang Zhi is unwilling to admit it.

She just misses that person.