Chapter 14

After a while, Sang Yan leaves.

The cartoon on the television has ended. Sang Zhi feels bored. She throws away her potato chips and switches off the television. She goes to the restroom and washes her hands.

Sang Zhi thinks of the words "roommates". Sang Zhi's heart feels like it's poked lightly.

She takes out a cold water out of the fridge and drinks it.

Sang Zhi returns to her bedroom.

This time Yan Zhen Ru calls her: "Sang Zhi!"

Sang Zhi: "What is it?"

"Next week is Fu Zheng Chu's birthday." Yan Zhen Ru says. "They said they will go to karaoke together, he asked whether you will go."

"What day will it be?"

"Tuesday."

"Oh." Sang Zhi says: "Let's see by that time."

"You don't plan to prepare any present for Fu Zheng Chu?"

"I need to prepare present?" Sang Zhi thinks about it. "Then I have no time."

"........" Yan Zhen Ru is speechless. "But it might not necessary. But it's someone birthday. We should prepare one. If not it'll be too awkward."

"I also think so." Sang Zhi says it seriously: "So I'll not go."

"But you cannot mind this, I can prepare it and later on we say that it is from both of us."

Sang Zhi pulls out one of her comic out of the bookshelves. "Let's talk later, don't you go to your tutorial?"

"Ah!" Yan Zhen Ru turns panic, "I forget about it! Ok I'll leave now!"

She then hangs up.

Sang Zhi lays down on her stomach on her bed. She opens up her contact lists and looks at "Duan XX" phone number. She is hesitating to message him.

What should her message be?

Happy holiday?

But recently it seems only one festival day has passed. The Army Day (August 1).

Then should I write —- Belated happy Army Day!

"....."

It's too weird.

Perhaps I should pretend to send it by mistake.

But it looks too fake.

If not should she call Sang Yan and say that she wants to go look for him? Maybe she can meet him.

Sang Zhi throws away her phone. She starts to read her comic while thinking about it. After a while, she throws away her comic and hides inside her blanket. She starts to make preparation to have an afternoon nap.

Why should they meet?

What is so good about meeting him, he always plays with his phone. Moreover he is older quite a lot than her. There is a generation gap between them when they are talking.

It's better to have a sleep at home.

Right.

He is older.

Sang Zhi gets up and drinks several gulps of water. She tries to calm herself down. Then she lays down back on the bed with satisfaction. She watches the ceiling and suddenly starts to lull herself to sleep. "This is nothing."

"He just looks handsome. When there's a handsome man on the street, everyone will take a look. When there is a handsome dog on the street too, a lot of people will want to stroke it."

The atmosphere turns serious.

Sang Zhi releases her breath and continues to lull herself to sleep. "It's nothing, I will meet someone more handsome that meet me feel this way too."

"Like now I never meet him again, but also don't long so much too meet him." Sang Zhi nods, she continues to brainwash herself. "This shows that this kind of feeling is very sham."

Her mood starts to calm down, she continues to read her comic.

Without her knowing, she just dozes off.

After a while, her phone rings again.

It rings for several ten seconds and Sang Zhi just wakes up. She opens up her sleepy eyes and looks at the ceiling at loss. She then takes her phone and presses "reject".

Then the phone rings again.

Sang Zhi just stays staring at the ceiling for a while. The time it rings for the third time, finally she answers the phone. "Hello?"

Sang Yan sounds impatient. "What are you doing? Why it takes you so long to answer my call?"

"I was sleeping." Sang Zhi is also unhappy. "I hung up once, you shouldn't call me again."

Sang Yan snorts: "If I don't call you, and let you report me? Hurry up get up. I will go have a dinner with my friends. Do you want to join us or do you want me to bring home takeaway for you?"

Before Sang Zhi answers.

Another person says on the background. "Ay, Duan Jia Xu seems to be a private tutor nearby here. Should I call him to join us?"

Sang Yan: "Up to you."

"Then I'll call him."

Sang Zhi pursues her lips and says lowly: "I'll go with you."

To be Continued