Chapter 88: Novel 70

"He's not really coming back with me." Sang Zhi's palm starts to sweat, she explains dully: "Jia Xu Ge also comes back to Nan Wu so we ate together. Then Ge Ge is drunk, he isn't drunk so he helped to send me home."

Li Ping says: "Are you drunk?"

Sang Zhi says: "A bit."

"Don't drink anymore in the future. This one just forget it, your Ge Ge is there so it's okay. But if you are outside, if you could, don't drink. You should pay more attention to yourself."

Sang Zhi nods quickly.

Li Ping then mentions: "Zhi Zhi, previously Mama called you and once you said that Duan Jia Xu was sick and did surgery right?"

Sang Zhi: "Ah? Yes, why? It's last year."

"No, Mama is just asking."

Li Ping's response makes Sang Zhi feels insecure. She also doesn't know what should she say. She just nods and pretends to be calm. "Oh."

The elevator suddenly feels so narrow for Sang Zhi.

Li Ping chats with her casually: "So you guys frequently meet at Yi He?"

"Just sometimes." Sang Zhi says calmly: "We sometimes have dinner or something?"

"In the past why didn't he come back to Nan Wu?" Li Ping says: "How could he come back so sudden?"

Sang Zhi is not great at lying so she just wants to mislead her: "I also don't ask him. I don't know."

"You also, how could you not call Ma or Pa to pick you up if your Ge is drinking?" Li Ping says gently: "Why should you trouble him to send you back home. It's rare chance for them to gather."

This time the elevator stops.

Sang Zhi follows Li Ping out of the elevator. Sang Zhi says: "He lives nearby so it's on the way."

Li Ping; "Em."

Sang Zhi feels strange. She feels like Li Ping notices something is going on between her and Duan Jia Xu. She asks cautiously: "Mama, what is it?"

"It's nothing." Li Ping smiles and opens up the door. "Hurry up go and take a shower. You smell like an alcohol."

—–

After they get inside the apartment, Li Ping goes to the kitchen and tidies up.

Sang Rong is taking a shower in his bedroom.

Sang Zhi wants to help Li Ping out, but the time she gets inside the kitchen, Li Ping just drives her away. Li Ping asks Sang Zhi to take a shower and sleep.

Sang Zhi feels that she is not really a help so she just returns to her room and takes a shower.

She recalls her conversation with Li Ping, she feels ill at ease. She feels that her parents would notice it soon.

Sang Zhi feels depressed. She hesitates whether she needs to seize these two days to mention tactfully about this matter to Li Ping.

She feels this matter shouldn't be hard to mention.

Because she is weighed down with anxiety, Sang Zhi doesn't realize how long she takes to take a shower. The time she is done showering, the light in the living room is on, only the light in front of the bathroom is still on.

Sang Zhi goes to the living room to take a glass of water, the time she passes the master bedroom, the bedroom of Sang Rong and Li Ping. She hears that Sang Rong and Li Ping are chatting with each other but she couldn't hear it clearly.