Hello, Goodbye

You sat there silent for a bit, looking out the window. He was writing something in his notepad then looked up at you. In the corner of your eye, you noticed, but ignored him. He lifted his camera, angling it at you. You faced him, curious, and your hair fell to your face, as he snapped a photo. You giggled and he put the camera down and smiled. "Do you just go around photographing people?" you joked. "You've got a lovely face" he said, and you blushed. You had no effort to make your hair look good today, so you had just tied it up with a blue bandana, with sunglasses on your head. You pulled out a little mirror to check your face. You weren't sure what he saw in you, but took the compliment. "Thank you, but says you, handsome" you whispered, putting the mirror back in the bag and looked back out the window. He grinned. You don't know why you said it, but it couldn't be held back. The train was 5 minutes away from your stop, and you thanked Alex again for the conversation. You had no plans now, thanks to Lily. But there was always something to do in London anyways. You almost said I'll see you soon, that was inevitable, probably. But something happened that you couldn't believe.

"Thank you too y/n, I enjoyed speaking with you. I hope this doesn't sound weird or anything, but would you care to join me? I'm heading to a cafe" he asked, scratching his head. You wanted to say yes immediately but thought about some of the consequences. "Are you sure? I don't want to bother you" you said, looking at his notepad. You asked him if he would be weird or if he would be recognized. He just shrugged."It's fine with me, you don't bother me. My go-to coffee place is usually quiet. If you like, you can come along" he responded smiling. He was so mellow, different from his stage presence.

You could have just melted then and there. You just nodded and smiled back. So I will see you soon then... you thought to yourself.

You put things away into your black purse and headed towards the train doors. Luckily, there weren't many people outside on the platform. You stood at the doors and Alex followed. He was taller than you. He stood next to you and slipped on his sunglasses again. He didn't have a bag or anything, just held his stuff in a jumble. How charming, you thought to yourself, glancing at his sunglasses. He turned his head slightly in your direction. You looked down and felt your cheeks blush again and smiled at your matching boots. You remembered you had a small black tote bag in your bag, so you took it out and gave it to him. "Oh thank you love, kind of you" he smiled and put his things in there. Alex holding my tote bag is the highlight of my life so far... you smiled back.

He put his hand on your back as the train stopped and the doors opened. Compose yourself, you thought and continued to walk to the exit with him. The sound of boots echoed on the concrete floor. He took his hand off when you got to the exit.

You walked a few blocks up the street to a little cafe. As he said, it was not busy. Just a few people sat having their coffee. He opened the door and motioned for you to enter first. "Thank you" you said and walked in, him following behind. He waved to the man behind the counter and took you to the back of the cafe, where another door was. It led to a little outdoor garden with a few tables. It was empty, to your luck again. "Wow, this is so pretty! London surprised me yet again" you said, looking around. "I like to come here often, lovely little place, I like that it's quiet, sometimes I write" he said walking over to a table. The garden had an open roof, so the bright blue sky was blanketed over you. You sat at the table, and he took his sunglasses off again, placing the bag on the table. "What would you like?" he asked you. "Oh, just a coffee would be nice, thank you!" you smiled, taking your card out to hand it to him. He shook his head, "No love, this is on me" he smiled. You smiled back, took off your jacket and put the card away. "Be back in a sec" he said, placing his hand on your shoulder as he walked away.

You took the sunglasses and put them on, looking up at the sky - it turned into a blue-orange colour, like when a sunset reflects on the ocean. You took out your phone and saw a missed call from Lily. You called her back, to see why she called. "Hi Lily, what's up?" you said, still mad at her. "Hey girl, I'm sorry for earlier again. Are you ok? You didn't message me back" she responded. Oops, I was too swept into Alex Turner's world... you thought. "I'm fine, I'm just at a cafe" you said. "Okay! Let me know if you need anything" she said. You said alright, and hung up.