Fool On The Hill

FRIDAY

It was finally the day you were going on the trip to Mykonos. Only for a week or so, but for lounging in the sun and eating ice cream all day, it was totally worth it. Especially seeing old friends and staying your holiday house. It was one of the moments in the year you were always looking forwards to. Taking Alex with you was going to be extra special. You wanted to show him your grandad's collection of old photos and take him to your favourite icecream stand. You packed a small bag, not really taking much since you had some clothes in there. The weather was mostly sunny anyways, so you kept a closet of clothes in there - mainly swimsuits. You were meeting your mum at Greece. She had to take 2 flights to get there.

"Right, I don't think I've ever seen Alex Turner in a swimsuit before" you joked, turning to him. He was picking out outfits. You walked over to him and took out a bright blue shirt. It reminded you of the colour of the ocean in there. "You just want to see more of my body" he laughed, turning to you. "Listen, i'll take you naked if it's an option" you grinned, sitting on the bed. He looked at you and smirked, "Likewise." You laughed and went back to your bag.

"Darling, what time is the flight?" he asked, putting his sunglasses in the large bag. He picked out 3 kinds. "Alex, do you really need 3 sunglasses" you laughed, "and it's at 7" you said. The time was already 1, and you had to start heading to the airport soon. The flight was only around 4 hours, but the airport was usually busy around this time of year. It was that weird gap between end of summer and beginning of autumn. "Yes I do, says the girl who just put 3 swimsuits in her bag" he grinned. "A swimsuit for each sunglasses" you laughed and walked over to him, kissing his cheek. "I'm excited love, I could use a break" he said, pulling you in for a hug. "Me too! I'm so glad you could come" you responded.

You spent the rest of the day getting ready. Before you left the house, you gave Alex something. "Oh thank you darling, this is perfect!" he said, taking the red notepad from you. You wanted him to have a little something to write in and use while you were away from home. You took a taxi to the airport. As the taxi entered the airport, making it's way to the departures level, you started to become a bit nervous. You hated flying, and being with someone famous made you more nervous. Alex noticed, as you were sitting motionless and looking at your shoes. "Hey love, it'll be okay" he said, reassuring you. "And if someone recognizes me, then it's whatever. I'm with you and that's all that matters" he continued. You looked at him and smiled. You never spoke about his fame and popularity. You weren't with him for that reason and he knew that. "Just think of all the ice cream" he smiled. You giggled and nodded.

He popped his sunglasses and got out, taking the bags and you made your way to the entrance. He wore his jean jacket with black dress pants and white slip-on shoes. He kind of looked like himself a from years ago, during the Shadow Puppets tour, with the addition of his beard. You just wore jeans and a sweater with your shoes. You'd be in a swimsuit the next day anyways, so it didn't really matter what you wore now. Comfort was key. You got through security and waited at the gate, sitting down in a group of empty chairs. You sat next to Alex, facing towards him. He was looking out the window at the plane. You took your bandana from your hair and started to tie it around his neck. Not that you left any marks on him recently, but he just looked good in it.

"Oh shit, I should take my meds before we head on" you said, getting the container out. He gave you his water and watched you take it. "What?" you said quietly and he smiled. "Nothing love. You alright?" he asked, putting the bottle back. You nodded, "Just not a fan of planes."

"You look very handsome tonight" you whispered. He smiled and put his hand on your lap. "Date night with my girl. Or should I say, date flight" he grinned. You tried not to burst out laughing. "You are-" you started to say. "Amazing? Witty? Good-looking? I know" he said, pulling out his notepad.

"Annoying, was what I was going to say. But yes, all those things too" you laughed, as you texted your mum that you were boarding soon. He started writing down a few lines.

You didn't question him, just smiled

You didn't question him, just smiled. You loved seeing him get those random bursts of inspiration, writing it down quickly to remember for later. You took the pen and wrote a line underneath.

He smiled and looked up at you, taking off his sunglasses

He smiled and looked up at you, taking off his sunglasses. "That's a good one love" he said, putting the notepad away. "Your lyrics are always so beautiful. Even if you once wrote - 'what came first, the chicken or the dickhead?'" you said, making him laugh. The gate then called for boarding. "Okay love, let's go!" he said, getting the bags. Next stop, Greece!