Getting Better

He went to the kitchen and pulled out a cigarette. "Love, I haven't touched these since we landed, how is that possible..." he laughed, lighting one up. "I know, you've been more focused" you winked, getting things out to make some food. "You're right though" he said, taking a moment to think. "Yeah, now you've lost your train of thought again" you giggled, making a salad. "Love, I just had an idea. I'll be back" he said, grabbing his notepad and walking outside. "Okay, I'll just make dinner then..." you laughed, and continued. You just made a salad and made a plate of sandwiches. Alex did not return for another half an hour.

"Alex?" you called out, seeing where he was. No response. You went outside and saw his notepad on the table. "Alexxx..." you asked again, then saw the neighbor. "Oh hi y/n! It's lovely to see you again. Your man has been stolen by George, sorry!" Kelsey said, pointing to her garden around the corner. You could just about see Alex sitting with George talking. "Kelsey! I've been great! Just graduated school. I see you've met Alex then. What's he doing there? He was supposed to help with dinner" you joked. "Hun, you're a lucky girl... and no idea, George saw him and now they are talking about something do with  guitars. You know George and his music, I think he loves Alex now." You laughed.

Yup, that's my rockstar... who is easily distracted... you laughed. "I'll tell him you're waiting for him. We must talk soon hun! See you" she said, and you said goodbye. You walked back into the kitchen, setting the table. Alex walked in not long after. You turned around and crossed your arms. "You met my neighbors then?" you said. "George has a huge cassette collection, did you know?!" he beamed. You smirked and walked over to him. "Yes I know, George is very lovely..." you drawled. He thought you would be mad at him for leaving. "I'm sorry darling. I was in the middle of writing a song and he approached me and lured me in with his music talk, you know me" he pouted. "Yes I do - it's okay. I'm glad you can take music anywhere with you" you smiled and kissed him. Then the door opened.

"Hello you lovebirds again. You always attached to the hips?" she grinned, putting her bag down. "Sorry mum and hi, how was your day" you let him go, a little embarrassed. He went to the bedroom to change. You put on his shirt which was on the side. She walked up to you. "But truly, you two are adorable. He's very handsome. Though I still want to talk to him more" she said, sitting down at the table. Alex walked back in, and had put on his black short-sleeved shirt and shorts and sat at the table too, across from mum. You sat inbetween them and had a lovely dinner.

It was evening time, the red-orange sunset beaming from outside, making the room painted in those colours. Alex and mum did most of the talking over the next hour, and you just watched them. You smiled at how well they got on. He spoke about when he was in New York and she told him about grandad and her childhood growing up. You poured glasses of wine and chatted away into the night. He seemed to have loosened up a bit, becoming more comfortable with talking. Then mum asked about his music. "Mum! He's most likely tired of talking about the same things over and over" you said, looking at her. "It's okay, I love my fans interest" he joked and you all laughed.

"And you hun? Are you done with school then!" she asked you, as Alex excused himself to smoke a cigarette. You watched him, as his silhouette by the window let out smoke into the night. "Yes... I may start work soon. I'm also excited for the future" you said. Whatever it was going to be like, Alex was involved and you couldn't be more happier. "He's a real sweetheart. I'm so happy for you. He's got it all, hasn't he" she grinned. "Mum, I swear to-" you started and Alex walked back into the room. You shut yourself up and looked at him. "I hope so" he grinned and mum laughed. Mum excused herself to go bed early, as she had a long day. You went outside by the pool with Alex and watched the stars. You turned your head to him. "I'm sorry about her, she's so annoying" you said. He laughed, "It's totally fine love, I've had people say weirder things to me. She's lovely" he grinned. He was, after all, very famous. Made you think how you made it this far without drama or recognition.

"I love you..." you said, kissing his cheek while thinking about the day. "Se agapó" he said, meaning I love you in Greek, and you sat up, astonished. "George taught me" he winked. He totally asked George how to say it so he could say it to you. He was so cute, you just couldn't get enough of him. "I love you so much darling" he grinned, pulling you closer. "Do you want to sleep outside tonight? I can get a blanket, and a sweater. It may get chilly" you asked. "Sure love" he said. You luckily had already changed into more comfier clothes. You walked in and back out with a blanket and a pillow. You got back on him and wrapped eachother with a blanket. Before he fell asleep, he spoke. "Vera is so lovely. I see where you get it from now" he said. You kissed his neck, "That is so kind of you. I'm glad she's still around. I'm also glad you two got along" you said, snuggled up to him and slept under the stars.