Singing In The Rain

//happy + sad part. sorry 🥲

You returned home from Paris, back into the rainy cold weather of London. It was mid Feburary, and Alex had some time to be home. You on the other hand, was working more hours a week and sometimes came home late. It wasn't a tough job, just conisisted of alot of organizing, helping to plan small events and supervising. You worked at a small studio for local artists. Every few weeks, artists could showcase their work that small venue and show the public. You loved watching people start their success like that and enjoyed meeting all sorts of people. Only a few times, you met someone who recognized you. Since being in a public relationship with Alex, people knew what you looked like and if they saw you, would stop to chat. No one asked for a photo, more of a conversation. Of course, there was always a question about Alex. You and him kept your relationship out of the public eye, because he hated that attention and you did too. You came home later than usual one particular night and Alex was still up.

It was 10pm and as you got inside the house, heard music coming from the kitchen. You slowly walked in to find your adorable boyfriend cooking food. He was making pasta. Yes, at 10pm. You stood there for a bit and watched him. He was facing away from you, mixing the pot, and singing along to some music. It was coming from the jukebox. This is Major Tom to Ground Control... he sang with Bowie. "I'm stepping through the door..." you sang with him. He suddenly turned around and smiled. "Oh hi! I didn't hear you come in" he said putting the spoon down and coming to hug you.

"Why on earth are you making pasta at this hour babe?" you asked, putting your bag down. "To feed my girl that's why. You okay? How was today" he asked, pouring some food for you. He was very chirpy, not that it was odd, but unusual. "It was busy today! This social-media famous artist came by, and people were in and out a lot. I had to tidy up after, sorry I'm late" you explained as he put a plate in-front of you. "That's alright doll" he smiled. He stood on the other side of the counter and you ate together.

"You're in a good mood today" you said, sitting on the bed. He smiled and walked into the bathroom. "And why is that?" you followed up. He walked out and went to his bag, and took out a square cardboard. "Open it" he said and sat infront of you. You immediately guessed it was a vinyl, based on the size and shape. You opened it to find out that you were right. 'Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino' with the model that he made of his hotel on the cover.

"Oh my gosh, is this the album?!" you said, getting excited. He nodded and you opened the cover to find a silver vinyl inside. "How pretty! Also you put the model on the cover!!" you said excitedly, which he knew would make you smile. "So it's done now?" you said, taking it out. "Yes it is! And you've got one of the first copies" he said excitedly. You looked up at him in shock and smiled. "I'm going to wait and play it later" you said and hugged him. "Alex, this is amazing! Huge congratulations to you all" you said kissing his cheek. He hugged you back and lay down on the bed, taking you with him. "I've also got some of the tour dates" he said. "Now that's exciting, how long is the tour?" you asked him. "About a year. Well - I don't have all the dates, but I know until the end of the year so far" he said, including the festivals are some other studio performances the band would do. You felt it would be different and difficult to be away from each other for long periods of time, but you'd get through it.

"On the road again, I can't wait" you said. He stroked your head and smiled, "I'll take you with me don't worry. Can't have my girl missing out" he said and you pouted, knowing you had to stay and work still. You liked your job a lot, and it paid well. You never took him for granted or used him for his money or fame, and he knew that. At the end of the day, you were a couple who lived and paid rent together and did all the things other people did too. With that extra perk of being able to fangirl about his music and all. No 1 fan.