Here Comes The Sun

You took the train to London again to meet Alex. You brought your laptop and book, in case you had some time to work on school stuff. You got to the cafe, walked to the back garden and saw him sitting at the table, smoking. He was wearing a grey t-shirt tucked into some black dress trousers and those boots again. You could now see the tattoo on his left arm. He had his jacket draped on the chair and was wearing his sunglasses. Enhancing his look was his gingery beard, which was a bit longer than when you last saw it. He looked irresistible, and couldn't help but stare at him. He noticed you arrived and put his cigarette out, getting up to greet you. "Hello y/n! Nice to see you again" he said, kissing your hand. "Hi Alex, it's nice to see you too" you smiled sitting down with him. You had a coffee again and chatted for a bit. He asked how your week was and such. Somehow the conversation ended up with him talking about his place a bit, where he had a nice collection of music. You wanted to ask him what area, but it would be like asking for his address. "So, where you heading off to next Turner?" you asked him. "My place, you want to come along? I've got some records I'd love to show you" he asked, putting out his cigarette. You were hesitant at first but agreed. You saw that he trusted you. He was still a stranger to you, but you felt comfortable around him and trusted him too. You were curious as well, so agreed and left the cafe.

"Shall we take a taxi?" he said, scanning his head up and down the road, as if looking for one. "Please! These boots aren't made for walking" you laughed pointing at your boots. You didn't know how far you would have had to walk either.

"Alright Nancy Sinatra, let's do that then" he laughed as he flagged a taxi down. He opened the door for you, hopping in. He followed behind, shutting the door. He told the taxi driver his address. "Pretend you didn't hear that love" he laughed, joking to you as if you would go around telling people his address. "Okay, I know I talk too much but I'm not that wild..." you grinned and pretended to close your lips and lock them then looked out the window. You sat pretty close to each other, his hand almost touching your leg. 5 minutes into the drive, he started to sing quietly.

She's got the devil in her heart..but her eyes they tantalize... she's gonna tear your heart apart... oh, her lips, they really thrill me... he sang, making you remember the moment he put his hand on you. He turned his head and looked you in the eyes again. You smirked, getting the song reference, and sang the next line.

I'll take my chances...for romance is...so important to me...

He stroked your cheek again, the way he did back at the cafe the other day. You looked at him, his eyes on your lips. You giggled, making him smile back. "You're real pretty" he said in that deep accent of his, and you shyly looked down at your lap. He lifted your face up with his hand so it was staring into his eyes again. "Really" he drawled, looking at your lips. He grinned, put his hand down and looked out the window again. That butterfly feeling he gave you was unignorable

Gosh, he doesn't have to say much to do a lot to me...

The taxi travelled on the main road for most of the trip, then turned onto a quiet one. The road was lined with bushy green trees, tall black lamp posts and a coloured door for each home. You looked out the window in awe. It was such a dreamy part of the city. Reminded you of a scene in a musical movie. Then the taxi pulled up outside the corner of the block. It was a skinny white house with a black door. There were iron fences on the roof. It was as if the AM album was transcribed into a building.

"Here we are! Thank you driver" Alex said and paid the driver then opened the door. He got out and offered his hand to you. You took it as you got out of the taxi. Your tiny hand had fit perfectly in his large hand. Cute, aren't we just made for each other - just joking, I'm pushing my luck now.. you smiled at the thought and followed him. He walked up to the black door and opened it.