All Together Now

When you woke up the following morning, there was at least a foot of snow outside. "Alex!" you yelled across the room. He walked over to the window and gasped. "Wow, already!" he said and went to change. "We were just in the pool..." you pouted, sitting back on the bed. He put on his jeans and a thick black leather jacket. He walked over to you, putting his hand on your chin, tilting your head up. You looked up at him and smirked. "And you were just on your knees..." he drawled, then he walked away. What a tease... you thought.

You wanted to wear something nice, as you were about to spend the day with his parents. You wore a long dress with your knee-high boots. His jacket matched yours. "Stop copying me Turner" you teased. "Looking lovely" he said, hugging you from behind. You turned around and put a bandana around his neck. "No marks this time..." you grinned. There was lots of snow as the taxi drove to his parents place. You had bought roses for them too. "Let's go my rose" he said, helping you out of the car. "Who's rose?!" you joked and made your way to the house. It stopped snowing, but it was still cold. Penny greeted you both headed inside.

"White everywhere!" she said, hugging you. "These are for the both of you" you said shyly. She smiled, "Thank you so much, they are gorgeous" she said, taking them into the kitchen. Alex walked into the sitting room first and yelled. "Hi dad!!" he said excitedly. You walked in and saw them hugging. David saw you and smiled. "Hello! I've heard a lot about you" he grinned and you shook hands. Alex introduced the two of you and you sat down across from David. Penny came back in with the roses and tea. "Mum loves her tea and y/n loves her coffee" Alex said.

"I could tell" she smiled, looking at the stain on your dress. "Oh shoot, from this morning. Oh my, I'm so sorry!" you said, excusing yourself and getting up, heading to the kitchen to clean it off. Alex followed. "You want help love?" he said, trying to make you feel less embarrassed. "Yes please" you said, and he got a wet towel to help take it out. You looked up at him as he cleaned you up. His dark brown hair looked extra wavy. He put the towel down and kissed your forehead. He whispered in your ear, "Are you alright love."

"I'm good babe" you whispered back, and returned to them. Alex went to the kitchen window to smoke. You were now alone with his parents. Penny smiled at you and David took something from the table and handed it to you. It was wrapped, but It was in a square shape - like a vinyl. "Happy Christmas love. From us" he said cheerfully. You opened it to see Frank Sinatra's face staring back at you. It was a "best of" vinyl."Oh thank you!! This is so lovely, you are too kind" you said, getting up to hug them both. Alex walked in to find you three hugging.

"I go out for a smoke and now my girl has stolen my parents?" be said grinning and you all laughed. Alex saw the vinyl. "You know I played this when I was like fifteen" he said. "Oh you lot, I couldn't possibly take this from you! It must be special" you said, pouting. "You are special" David said and you felt so loved. "Am I special dad?" Alex joked. "No" he just said and you all laughed again. You adored the humor that was in that family, making it more comfortable for you to be around. "Dad, I don't take those martial arts classes for nothing..." he grinned and his dad rolled his eyes. When you met Alex, you learned he took weekly martial arts classes with an instructor. He did it as a hobby, but also to train his mind and body. It helped him keep fit but also build a better consciousness.

"He's extra special" you said, turning to Alex. He winked and Penny saw it. "Okay lovebirds, shall we eat?" she said getting up. "Hey, y/n's mum says that too" Alex said. You grinned, remembering that trip. Then you started to talk about your family. How your parents separated and you had a downhill era. You weren't holding back anything because you wanted his parents to know the real you. They were appreciative that you were honest and open. They listened attentively, the way Alex did too. You could tell they were supportive of you and offered to be there whenever you needed. "I have been blessed by the Turners" you said, making everyone laugh.

You asked if you were talking too much and they shook their head. "We appreciate it" Penny smiled, "People tend to talk a lot to us about Alex, so it's nice for a change." You smiled and looked at him.

"Speaking of, Alex did you tell them about TBH+C?" you said, trying to be discreet, not knowing if they knew. "Not yet love. I'll tell them on Christmas" he winked and you giggled. "What is tb-hc" David asked. Alex shook his head.

"Not a baby David" Penny said and Alex almost choked on his water. You giggled in your hands. "These two are so mysterious..." David laughed. "That's literally what the news said about me" you said to him.

You completed the evening with some more tea and Penny showed you a photo album. "gosh, they're adorable" you said, pointing to a photo of Alex with Matt. "I can't believe you've known the others for such a long time!" you said to Alex. "I can't believe they've put up with me all this time" he laughed. "I can't believe you put up with me sometimes" he said in a low voice. You looked up at him and blew him a kiss. He caught it and put it on his heart. You left at 7 and headed back to the hotel. "Thank you so much for having me! It's been so lovely" you thanked them and left.

"Not a baby David... I almost died from water" Alex said, getting ready for bed. You smiled, your back was turned. You didn't think much of the comment that was made, it was just funny. "The only baby there is, is you. My babygirl, that's who" he said. You turned around and sang the words he just said. "That sounds like a song lyric!" you giggled. He liked that idea and wrote it down in his red notepad, the one you gave to him months ago. It was now loaded with pages of writing, just like that one you saw him have they day you met on the train. He wrote a lot more nowadays. He found his inspiration again and you were so glad of it. He said he had suffered a bit of writer's block after the last album, not knowing what else to write about. He said he already put out love songs and hit singles, and needed a change. That's how Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino was evolving.