The Night Before

It was the day before Alex's birthday. He was out with a friend, working on some stuff for the album and wasn't coming back until 5pm, which gave you enough time to set up a little surprise party. Alex left in the morning and Miles showed up at 2pm. You set up the sitting room with a few decorations and put the gifts on the table. Miles brought a couple and you had a few, including a large, tall box. Miles helped you bring it with a van from the store. "What the heck is it anyways?!" Miles said, looking at it in the middle of the room. "Oh you'll see" you grinned. You and Miles ended up baking a cake together. He messed up halfway and you had to make a new batch. "Miles, didn't I say to read the instructions!" you giggled. "Yeah yeah - I just did one thing wrong. Jeez, it's like a science experiment" he laughed. You made a simple chocolate cake, Alex's favourite. You quickly changed into that red dress that Alex loved, something special for him.

Alex showed up just before 5, and you and Miles waited by the door. It was like two excited children, giggling and trying to shut up. Alex walked inside and wasn't shocked to see you two standing there, having heard you both.

"Surprise!" you both said and he laughed. "Oh! Hello troublemakers" he said, putting his things down. You led Alex to the sitting room, telling him to close his eyes. Miles held onto his shoulders, leading him forwards so he didn't hit the wall. Alex smirked, "What is this..." he asked. He opened his eyes. "Happy Birthday Alex!" you both cheered. "Why is there a box as big as my girl in my sitting room!" he grinned, looking at it along with the decorations.

"Oh you two, thank you..." he said, kissing your cheek. "I made a cake Alex" Miles said, trying to get some attention too. "Yeah, I totally didn't help you. Also he messed up the first time" you said. Alex laughed, "Thanks you two, really." He watched you bring over a cake with candles,  sitting down in front of it. Miles sat next to him and you sat on the floor across from him. You lit up the candles and pushed the cake towards him. "Make a wish" you smiled, looking up at him. Alex looked at you for a moment and smiled, then blew out the candles.

"32 mate - you're getting older too quickly!" Miles said and Alex punched his arm. "Oh Alex, how do you put up with him after all these years" you grinned. Alex smiled and shook his head, while cutting a piece of cake, giving it to you first. "Nah it's the opposite way around" Miles said, eating his cake. "This actually turned out good" he continued. "Thanks for the cake Miles!" Alex said winking to him, pretending you didn't help.

All three of you sat indulging and chatting for a bit, then you wanted Alex to open his gifts. "Don't I keep telling you two that I didn't need any gifts" he said and Miles stuck his tongue out. "Oh stop it, here you go" he said, handing him his gifts. Miles got him a couple of books and other little gifts. Then it was your turn. You looked at the large box in the middle of the room. Alex stood up and opened it. Alex gasped, "No you did not..."

"What is it" Miles said, getting up to look in the box. "Oh my shit" he said looking at Alex. You smirked. Alex tore the box apart to reveal it- a jukebox. It was from the same brand as his keyboard, Wurlitzer. The coin-operated musical machine was as tall as you were and looking fresh from the mid-century. "Wow- I don't know what to say..." Alex said, beaming at the thing. "Oh hold on" you said, getting the plug and putting in into the wall. Suddenly, the thing lit up in fluorescent yellow, green and orange colours. Alex gasped again. "WOW!" Alex and Miles said in unison excitedly. The smiles on their faces was worth it all.

It had many classic hits from Elvis to The Beatles. You watched Alex play around with it, examining the details and gasping everytime a button he pressed worked. You loved it as much as he did. It was the best thing you ever bought and had given. Pricey, but totally worth the smile on his face and excitement. He put a coin in it and pressed a button. "There goes my money..." he joked. "You do know we can get it back" you laughed, pointing to the back of it.

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah... started singing. You got up and sang with Miles. Alex just stood there watching you both. "Wow, a concert just for me" Alex smiled, a few more songs later and you got tired already.

"Well lovers, I have to go now. It was so lovely to be here tonight. Would you get me one of these too y/n! Happy Birthday Al, see you soon?" he said and they walked to the door. You laughed, turned off the jukebox and followed behind, waving goodbye to Miles as he left.

Alex closed the door and immediately picked you up, taking you to the bedroom. He dropped you down on the bed. "Did you like your gift handsome?" you asked him, his smile still there. "I absolutely love it! how did you find it doll?" he asked. You told him that you saw a store that had vintage and antique items. They owner took you to the back, revealing that beauty and you just had to get it. It wasn't a cheap buy, but it was so worth it. It was already so loved by the both of you. "Wow that's amazing! Now, how much was it?" he asked and you shook your head. "Tell me love" he said, crawling up to you. You giggled, shaking your head again. "Hmm..." he just said, and grabbed your thigh.

"Tell me doll" he said in his deep voice. He was intimidating and teasing you, and wondered what he would do if you didn't. "No..." you whispered. He moved even closer to your face. "If I tell you, you'll have to kill me" you said. He smirked and leaned forwards. You whispered the number in his ear then he grabbed your neck lightly, pretending to strangle you. "You naughty girl..." he said. "But thank you darling. That was so thoughtful of you. You're lovely" he drawled and both fell asleep, full on love and chocolate cake.