Praimfaya

(AUGUST POV)

Raven was able to set a radio up in the office. Bellamy is using it now to talk with Octavia. I decided to write letters to everyone going up to space because I have this feeling that something is going to happen to me. I don't like the feeling but just in case, I need them to know that I care about them. I finish the last letter which is to Bellamy before I shove them in my pack. I then walk over and sit beside Bellamy.

"5 years. Can you really survive up there?" Octavia asks.

"Raven says we can. As soon as it's safe, we'll find a way back down," Bellamy answers. "We will meet again."
"I'll be waiting under the floor," Octavia says.
"You're not that little girl anymore," Bellamy says. "What is it, O?"

"I'm not sure I'm up for this, Bell. I'm not August. They look at me like I know what I'm doing just because I won a fight," Octavia answers. I take the radio from Bellamy.
"O, they look at you like that because you saved them. But it won't last. Now you have to lead," I tell her.
"How? I'm not a leader," Octavia says. "It should be you or Bellamy or..."

"O, stop. Neither of us could've done what you did, and it wasn't just winning a fight. You gave our people hope when there was none," I tell her before handing the radio to Bellamy.
"You're... you're Prometheus, stealing fire from the Gods and giving it back to the human race," Bellamy says.
"Prometheus got chained to a rock so that eagles could eat his liver," Octavia says.
"Thanks for ruining my metaphor, O," Bellamy says.
"I love you, big brother. Guess it takes the end of the world for me to say it," Octavia says.
"I love you, too," Bellamy says before all we hear is static. "O? Hey, O, are you there? Are you there, O? No, no, no. Come on. O. May we meet again."I pull him into a hug as tears come to my eyes. Clarke then walks into the room.
"Hey, do they have her?" Clarke asks as I continue to hug Bellamy. "August?"

"The radio's dead, won't get to say goodbye to your mom. I'm sorry," I tell her. I see tears come to Clarke's eyes and I hold my arm out to her. We all three hug each other as we cry for our loved ones.
"Clarke, Bellamy, August, get down here," Murphy calls out and we leave the room.

(OCTAVIA POV)

The radio cut out on me, Bellamy, and August. I didn't get to thank August for being there for my brother. For being there for me. I will keep my promise to her and watch over Mika, as my second.
"It's time," Indra says as she walks in. "I know you're tired, but we have to focus on the chosen now. 1,200 people are waiting your orders: When to eat, where to sleep, how to live. The unrest will turn to violence. I've seen it before. You need to lead them."
"That's what my brother and August said," I tell her. "Indra, I'm not a Commander."
"The time of the Commanders is passed. The time of the Flame is passed. This is your time. Let me help you," Indra says as she holds out the small seal that Lexa had worn between her eyes. "August asked me to give this to you." Oh, how I wish August and Bellamy were here to help me. I nod to Indra. She places the seal between my eyes before we walk out to the others.
"This is it. We are all that remains of the human race. I won't lie to you. The next 5 years won't be easy. There will be days when we wish we were out there right now, but I promise you, if we stand together if we are Wonkru, then kom folau, thru no gyon op," I tell everyone. From the ashes, we will rise. We hear rumbling above us, letting us know that the death wave is here.

(AUGUST POV)

I grip onto Bellamy's hand as we watch as the death wave takes out Polis before the screen goes to static.

"It's 210 miles from Polis to the island. According to what was our last drone, the wave is accelerating. If we're not off the ground at least 20 minutes before it hits, the electromagnetic charge in the pyroclastic cloud will shut down the rocket's avionics, meaning it won't fly. That gives us 90 minutes to run a 6-hour preflight check, retrieve the oxygen generator from the lighthouse, turn a cockpit designed for two into one that can carry 9, and load the cargo hold with enough food to keep us from starving in space while we wait for the algae to bloom," Raven explains.
"I thought you said it was gonna be hard," Murphy says.
"That's not the hard part. Becca designed her rocket to dock with Polaris, not the Ark. That means I have to pilot it into the hangar bay on the ring," Raven says.
"What's so hard about that?" Harper asks.