We Are Grounders (Part 2)

(AUGUST POV)

While I looked at Raven's wound I had Clarke go heat up my knife because judging by there being no exit wound, we would have no time to operate to get the bullet out. Clarke brings my knife back in with it being hot. Raven grabs onto Finn's hand before I put the hot knife to the wound sealing it causing Raven to scream.

"That should stop the external bleeding," I explain as I clean the knife.

"I don't understand. How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn questions us.

"Long story," Bellamy answers.

"We got lucky. If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead," Raven explains.

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?" I ask her.

"Enough to build 100 bombs if we had any gunpowder left," Raven answers.

"Let's get back to the Reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" Bellamy says as he looks through Lincoln's book.

"Not this enemy," I answer while shaking my head no. Clarke and Finn exchange a glance.

"We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option," Clarke agrees.

"There's no time for this. Can she walk or not?" Finn asks Clarke.

"No. We have to carry her," Clarke answers and Raven tries to sit up.

"The hell you will. I'm good to go," Raven says in pain.

"Hey, listen to me," I say as I put a hand on her shoulder. "That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe."

"But you are not walking there. Is that clear?" Clarke asks her and she nods.

"I'll get the stretcher," Finn says as he turns to leave.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave," Bellamy states.

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid," Finn argues.

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight," Bellamy argues back.

"All right, that's enough," I tell them.

"It's time to go," Clarke adds.

"If they follow? It's a 120-mile walk to the ocean," Bellamy says.

"Look, we're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay," Finn says before turning to leave the dropship.

"No, he can't," Clarke calls after Finn who leaves the dropship. "We can't do this without you, Bellamy."

"What do you want me to say, Clarke?" Bellamy asks her.

"I want you to say that you're with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you," Clarke answers.

"They're lining up to go. They listen to you and August more," Bellamy explains.

"I gave them an easy choice. But 5 minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them. I'm afraid we're gonna need that again before this day is through," Clarke says before she leaves the dropship.

"She's right, you know," I say and Bellamy looks over at me. He nods before going outside.

"Why are you helping me?" Raven asks me.

"Raven, you are one of my best friends. Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing would stop me from helping you," I answer her as I give her hand a squeeze.