𝐺𝑂𝐷𝐷𝐸𝑆𝑆

𝑊ℎ𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑦... 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒.
••••
CHAPTER THIRTEEN 
++

 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒.••••CHAPTER THIRTEEN  ++

••••
++

I light a cigarette as the smoke fills my lungs. I take her in watching her sleep.

She left the door unlocked which was stupid.

Maybe she doesn't think monsters exist. Luring in the night waiting on the perfect time to feast. Or maybe she does... maybe she doesn't care as much.

So naive .... stupid.

I already got a good look at the house making sure no one got in.

She starts moving and coughing probably because of the smoke.

I put out the cigarette using my tongue. She sits up rubbing those pretty eyes of hers.

My patience runs thin.

She finally opens her eyes that meet mine.

"Omena "

Her eyes widened.

I got up making my way to her. Got a good look at her.

Sleep still fills the corner of her eyes, as her curls are fizzy. I notice the mark that I left is still there.

Good.

"I... ho-" her voice cracks. I cut her off by putting my finger over my lips.

I look over seeing pictures of her, and Owen Rayne. Along with a bible and glass of water.

She has hope.

I used to believe in that.

"Why haven't you called"

"My... my phone... it broke." She looks down.

Don't get nervous about me now sweetheart, I haven't even gotten started yet.

"Why isn't your door locked?" She starts playing with her fingers. I bent down meeting her level grabbing her hand and placing them in mine. "Focus sweetheart."

"I... I forgot... I'm sorry Elius." She turns towards me, but her eyes stay down. I lightly grab her chin, so her eyes meet mine.

"What did Cree tell you?" I know what he said I told him to tell her. I just want to hear it from her lips.

"That... that you were going to deal with me ... when you get back." she tries avoiding eye contact again. I'll do something about that.

"I thought something happened to you, baby." She looks at me with teary eyes.