𝑅𝐸𝑀𝐸𝑀𝐵𝐸𝑅

𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡,𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑚𝑦 𝑣𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑠 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑖𝑐𝑒.

••••
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
++

••••CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE  ++

••••
++
4 YEARS AGO

The color orange, red, yellow, and brown fills the earth's grounds. While the temperature mixed between summer and winter.

I love this season.

Don't get me wrong, I love summer too. The flowers the sun everything. But sometimes I think the sun is trying to kill me. Not many people can't take the heat. I'm one of those people, only when our AC goes out.

Yeah, that doesn't go well.

I turn towards the window, watching the colors of the earth pass by. I pass by Halloween decorations being placed on people's homes.

I love Halloween as well and not just because of the candy.

Maybe.

My uncle always takes me to different parts of the towns to help people during this time. Or I'll help Ms. Rayne with the cafe.

It's been a while since I celebrated Halloween or gone out since what happened last year. It took me a bit to adjust.

It was mostly tough for my uncle and Nana. They would stay by me during that time. He would periodically blame himself for allowing me to go to the party. He believed it would be a great opportunity for me to experience my teenage years.

He and Nana have been debating about me seeing a therapist. It was a time when I couldn't eat, sleep, or be around anyone. But I'm getting better.

Today was the first time I step out of the house.

"Little P?" I snatched my attention away from the window to look toward him.

We have the same eye color. This means mama had them too since their womb mates. Most of his dark skin is covered with tattoos.

When I was young I would constantly paint in the missing colors. He surprised me one day when he came home with one of my drawings tattooed on his arm. Which would always be my favorite.