𝑆𝑃𝐼𝐿𝐿𝐸𝐷

Temperance- noun. humility, prudence, or self-restraint.
••••
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
++

••••CHAPTER FORTY-THREE++

••••
++

Temperance is keeping me from jumping over this table and killing him with my hands. Temperance is keeping me from killing him quickly so I can go to my home, Philomena is my home. She is not by me because I have to make things right. I have to keep her safe. I have to do this for them, I have to do this for me. The nightmares go away when she's here but they still lurk, crying in the back of my head like the monsters were in the halls. Temperance keeps me from spilling my father's blood. I couldn't save my mother when he would've beaten her till she wasn't able to walk. 

But I lack temperance because right now I have a gun to Zack's head. And I was so damn close to pressing that damn trigger if Cree didn't say what the fuck he just said. "What ?"

"He didn't do it, he didn't kill them." I laugh I fucking laugh because either this is a joke or I'm truly hearing shit. "I heard what you said, what do you mean, He didn't do it?"

"Tell him." Cree clench his teeth looking at Zachariah. I still keep the gun pinned to his head waiting for his words. "I didn't-" I whip the gun across his face. "So help me God. If the only thing that comes out your mouth is you didn't do it, I will kill and I spread each of your body parts in places you didn't know existed. Cut the shit and talk, no bullshit."

"I was set up by Mateo, your father." Everything around me quiets. Everything around me disappears. I take a deep breath trying to bring my consciousness back. "Continue."

"He forced me to take the blame for their deaths, not even just their death. He wanted me to leave Marcel, to spy on him and work for him. But Marcel and Mateo have two types of different businesses. Mateo wanted me to be the arms in one of his missions. But I chose to stay where I was, I trusted Marcel more than Mateo. Then he found out I had a child and used that against me. He threatens to kill Philomena. I couldn't let that happen even if she's not mine I-"

"She's not your daughter." He takes a deep breath looking down. "No, when I and Isabella had a breakout, She slept with Marcel." I bring my gun down looking at Cree and Logan. "Marcel know?" He nods. "Isabella told him after me. We were both in love with her. We were both falling in love with our best friend's sister."

"Well, shit." Logan stands off the wall. Cree gives me a look, quickly looking away before I can tell what he was thinking. "Marvel and I thought it was best if we just kept it a secret to protect them both. Since Marcel has enemies crawling at his bad, I took the fall. Isaiah didn't take it easy but he didn't want to hurt Isabella by killing me." A light smile comes to his face. I can tell it's hiding the pain behind it.