𝐺𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐿𝐸

Look how far we've come.
••••
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
++

 ••••CHAPTER FORTY-NINE ++

••••
++

"Can you tell me how many fingers I'm holding up dear?" I don't know what to concentrate on either his fingers or the flashlight that's in my eyes.

I squint my eyes attempting to see past the light. "Oh sorry about that." He moves the light allowing me to see.

"Tw—" the words come out weird. My throat feels like I drank a desert and my skin feels like I took a shower in one. And I feel a weird tube between my legs that are uncomfortable.

"How about we give her a break doctor." My nana says as she and Raven watch the doctor. Raven's looking at him like she's about to stick the flashlight down his throat.

"Here you go." my nana passes me a cup of water. As soon as I reach for the cup my hands start to shake which scares me. My nana sees this and helps me. "This is normal don't worry. It'll take some time for her to get her strength back."

She nods letting me finish drinking and sit the cup down.

I want a shower. I want food. I want my bed. I want a bunny. And I need Aelius.

I didn't know I was crying until I see my nana getting a tissue.

"You made her cry, ohh your so dead," Raven says eyeing the doctor. "I'm... I'm fine. He.. didn't make me.. cry. " I try talking but the words come out more of a whisper.

"It's okay baby your okay." My nana wipes my tears as she's trying to hold herself back from crying.

"Baby?" My eyes shoot towards the doorway finding dark gray eyes.

"Aelius?" My voice cracks.

My elius.

Everything in the room fades but him.

I find his lips on mine and his arms wrap around me. I push my weakness aside cupping his face. 

"I love you." He holds me tighter not letting go. And I cry harder wishing I could tell him but my throat is killing me.

Aelius let's go wiping my tears. He looks towards the doctor causing him to jump back. "Why is my wife crying?" His accent coming off stronger.

"So dead," Raven says walking out of the room. "Take it easy dear. I'll tell Mrs. Rayne you're doing okay. " My nana kisses me on the side of my head and walks out with Raven.