𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝑇𝑂𝑅𝑀

𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑥𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦.
••••
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
++

••••CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR  ++

••••
++

I open my eyes rubbing the sleep out. I can hear the storm pushing against the windows. The fireplace light catches my eyes, we're in our room. I'm guessing he likes fireplaces he has them in every room. I look down finding myself in his shirt. My hair is a little wet, which I'm guessing he cleaned me.

I'm a heavy sleeper.

I'm placed on top of him as I feel his warm arms around me. "Go back to sleep amore. You need rest." Elius says kissing the top of my head. He's still up?

"I'm not sleepy." We lay there a while before I break the silence. "Where's everyone?"

"Back to the safe house."

"Oh." It's okay just ask. You want to know more about him. There's nothing wrong with that.

"Elius, who's- who's Elizabeth?" I can feel him tense under me. He positions himself against the headboard. As I follow his movement. He looks at me and then at the fireplace before speaking.

"She.. she's my... my ex-wife." He says looking back at me. "She died along with our child, she was pregnant. They were murdered. I found her in our bed that night, I thought she was mad, a part of me wanted to believe that. But when I came closer she wasn't breathing or moving."

There are tears but not his, mine. He leans in wiping them, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm... I'm so.. sorry I didn't-" He cuts me off. "Don't apologize for wanting to know. I had to tell you some point."

"Who?" He knows what I'm asking. "I don't know." The way his voice switch tells me he's lying. But I don't question it maybe he doesn't want to tell me, or he's not ready to.

"It was too late, if I- if I hadn't left they wouldn't-" I cupped his face being his attention to me. "D... Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over. You wouldn't have known that would've happened. Their safe now, watching over you. You are so strong elius. Ti amo così tanto."

His eyes widened. "Say it again."

"I love you." I smile as he wraps his arms around me. "Again."

"I love you." His smile catches me off guard. "Just making sure I wasn't going crazy. God, I love you so much."

"Can we get a dog?" He kisses my tears holding me tighter. "No."