𝐵𝑅𝑂𝐾𝐸𝑁

This world is broken and there's no way to fix it.
••••
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
++

 ••••CHAPTER FORTY-ONE ++

••••
++

A scream jerks me awake. I look around my room looking for Momma but I don't see her.

Weird.

She usually stays in my room watching me sleep to make sure I don't have any bad dreams. I get them a lot because of Papa, momma gets them too. But Papa doesn't help her he just makes her cry.

Papa has been made a lot since Momma couldn't give me a brother. He says I'm too weak to be his heir but momma says the weakest ones are always the strongest.

I don't like when he hurts her. I try fighting back but it ends worse every time. Mostly for me.

Obedience, loyalty, sacrifices, and strength, he says is the most important thing to rule a kingdom.

He says I have non so that makes me the sacrifice.

I pull the covers getting out of bed. I creak open the door only a little to see if anyone is in the halls.

"Momma?" I call out. Not hearing anything I step out of my room. He would kill me if he catch me out of my room this late at night. But I was walking slower making sure my feet aren't heavy on the floor.

"I get away from me... please stop!" Momma? One last scream sent me running down the stairs.

"Momma!" It's so quiet now the only thing I can hear is the blood pumping in my ears.

I walk down the scary dark halls holding my breath. Don't be scared.
Don't be scared. Monsters ain't real, they can't hurt me.

I open the door seeing Momma laying down on the cold floor. "Momma, are you okay? " No response. Maybe she passed out again like last time when she was sick.

I can't leave her like this she'll catch a cold. I grab a blanket from the closet trying my best to spread it over her.

It feels like a long time, I see the sun coming up. It shouldn't take this long for her to wake up.

"Momma?" I try turning her over but soon I see the blood shooting me to crawl back and scream. She doesn't bleed when she passes out why is she bleeding?