𝐻𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑆𝑇

𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡.
••••
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
++

𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡.••••CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ++

••••
++

"Cupcake." Logan reached to touch me. "Don't... please don't." I turn running up the stairs into the guest room instead of his.

I lock the door behind me grabbing my bag. I run into the bathroom grab my things and stuff them in my bag. I didn't take all my clothes out. I've been wearing his most of the time.

Breathe just breathe.

Maybe he'll explain all this to me.

What if Owen was right about everything? Can I trust him?

Nana would've told me about it. Right?

A knocking sound from the door caused me to jolt. I stare at it waiting for a second knock. but it never happens, instead, the door opens.

Didn't I lock it? 

"Omena." Elius stands in the doorway.

I look down noticing blood on his knuckles and also on the gun that's on his waist.

He notices where my eyes were glazing at. "Omena... I'm not going to hurt you. I would never." I back away letting space feel between us. As he steps closer closing the door behind him.

"No... I want to leave." His eyes fill with sympathy. "Let's talk okay." He walks closer reaching for me. "What are you not... telling me." I back away my back hitting the wall I use my hands as shields. "E... Elius."

He cups my face. "I'm not going to hurt you, baby." A tear falls down my cheek. "W... what happening Elius." I look up at him.

He leans in kissing my tears and picks me up wrapping my legs around his waist. He sits on the bed. "The job I do is dangerous. That is why I carry a gun around. I came here for an assignment."

"You put the bad man away?" My uncle carried a gun around, but he tries to hide it most of the time. "Something like that. There's a bad man I'm looking for now." He puts his head on my chest.

"What... did h-" "Took something away from me." Elius holds me tighter. I turn to look at the door hesitating to walk out. "Did you find him... there bloo-."

"No... we were close. All I know that's he's here." Anxiety crawled through my skin. "I'm not going to let him hurt you okay? I need you to stay here with me."

"But nan-" he cuts me off. "I'll have her being protected too."

"What about the man... Marcel." He looks up confused. "What do you mean?" Did Logan not tell him?