𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐸

••••
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
++
___
CREE ORSON BRIDGES
••••
++

Does he know? Perhaps he doesn't.

I fell in love with my best friend girl.

I mean who fucking wouldn't. She's perfect. Her smile, her laugh. The stupid jokes she makes. Even if she's a little childish and too selfless for her good.

Still perfect.

I could be like Logan, he sees her as a little sister. I wouldn't make a move, I would never make I move. He's my best friend, he's like a brother to me.

So I sit, I ignored them, and I distance myself from her. Far, far away from her. I see how she drew Aelius in. Anyone can see it.

She has this pull around her. In her world that's full of rainbows and fucking dancing puppies, I just want to hide her from my world. The world that's not so rainbows and full of puppies. A world that's full of evil mostly drugged-up parents that leaves their children to starve. To beat us over and over not just physically but mentally then they sell us to the top drug organizations.

Then monsters are created.

Cheers to that, right? At least we created ourselves out to be something, not like our parents.

We protect each other, we're family.

Me, we are the monsters. The ones she should be afraid of but rather than being afraid she draws us into her world and makes us feel like she's the one protecting us.

Every time I see her, mostly her smile, her voice, and God her eyes. The things I would do for her. I have to put my feeling behind me. Because something like this can ruin everything. He would hate maybe even kill me.

I'm not going to ruin his odds of being happy for once. I've witnessed him go through so much shit and I've seen him survive it. Sometimes he masks it, that's how we were taught. Don't. Let. Your. Emotions. Show. That leaves your vulnerability out in the open. 

But something sweet and innocent is in my world. That's full of evil and monsters, exist. Makes me hope.

I will protect her. We all will. Because that's what Philomena Moore does to people like us.

She sees good in us but she doesn't know the shit we do or how numerous people we slaughtered. Even sometimes the innocent ones.

I should've known when Aelius didn't want us to do it the easy way and just torture, scare a little bit into talking. He said just keep an eye on her watch her every move. He wanted nobody else near her but me and Logan.

Yeah, he was fucked from the beginning.

He got too close. I knew he fucked up when he went back to the warehouse locking himself in his office.

Philomena Moore. She doesn't know she can bring down a whole mod just by one look.

As I do a check on the top floor. I notice someone out of the corner of my eye. He clutches his gun but before he can shoot I grab him, slamming him into the wall as I throw my fist against his nose breaking it. He grunts grabbing a vase but before he can throw it, I knock it out of his hand slamming my head into his, creating a hole in the wall.

He plunges to the ground grasping his nose. I smile catching a glimpse of the damage I caused. Usually, I don't like the easy way out of using guns. It's so much better without them.

"Cagna!" He yells. I grab his face giving him a light slap. "Come on, I'm just getting started." Before I can strike I hear Wyatt shouting downstairs. I breathe out rolling my eyes. "Funs over."