Chapter 7

ZACH

Oh my heart! Don't you explode!

I opened my eyes as I heard the door closing. Ben left the room in a hurry.

Why does he keep doing this to me? How am I supposed to forget him if he keeps acting this way?

I sat up on the bed, holding my head. Without thinking for a second, I picked my phone and texted Yash: "Let's meet. Let's not wait any longer".

This is the only way I can stop this.

I got his reply within seconds: "Okay. I'll send you the address."

I washed my face and got dressed up. My first date with Yash! I told Mum that I will be with friends and won't be back for dinner. I took the keys for Scooty. While riding my bike, I recalled what happened. I woke from my sleep when I felt a warm hand touching my face. I unconsciously pushed my face in that hand. Suddenly, I felt lips touching my cheek! I screamed out of surprise in my heart. I could hear my heart ringing in my ears and my face felt hot. But I opened my eyes only when I heard the door closing.

Argh! Zach, forget this! You can do it!

I reached the destination. It was a decent cafe; bright lights, refreshing aroma, and soothing music playing behind. I saw an empty table and settled down. I gave Yash a call; he was on his way. I was playing on my phone when somebody knocked on the table.

"I will place the order when my friend comes." And I looked up.

"Then place it fast. I'm hungry!" Yash replied with a beaming face. I was stunned for a moment after seeing him in person. Even though I did see him often online, meeting in person felt different.

"Hey Zach, are you there?" he waved his hand in front of me.

"Oh! Sorry. Sit. What will you have?"

"I'll have some cold coffee."

I called the waiter, "One cold coffee and one Oreo crush." The waiter took the order and left.

"So, how are you then?" He asked cheerfully.

"Good. And how about you? In the pink of your health?"

He laughed, "I missed this......and you as well."

I smiled, "Trying to hit on me? Well, it's working."

"Then I'll try some more!"

The waiter brought our order. We chatted while having our drinks.

"Umm....Yash, I had something to tell you."

"Yes, go ahead."

"We have known each other for a month now; and I think that we should start dating now."

Yash almost jumped from happiness, "Really? I am not dreaming, right?"

I chuckled. He is more cheerful than I thought.

He grabbed my hand and whispered, "Let's go! I want to make our first date memorable!"

And he literally dragged me out of the cafe.

He brought me near his car. I stopped him, "Hey, I have my bike. I'll follow you."

"No. You are coming with me."

"Then what about my bike?"

"I'll handle it. Now, get in the car."

I reluctantly sat in the car; while Yash pressed some buttons and called someone......to tell them to take my bike home!