Chapter 30

BEN

Such a lovely family. Even Maushi is kind. So glad to meet them.

I thought when we were going to Shweta's room. This visit to Zach's unexpected bestie was not painful, because Shweta and her mother are sweethearts. Shweta suddenly asked Zach, "How is Yash?"

She was looking at him, intently waiting for answers. Zach looked at me, alarmed and baffled just like me. What the hell?!

Zach responded with a fake smile, "He is fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I want to know everything about your love life!"

"Well, that's what I'm here to tell! First of all, sit down. And let me speak. Or you will get me killed."

We settled down, while I was checking on Zach, giving him scary looks.

"Okay. Ben, this is Shweta, my friend. And Shweta, this is Ben, my boyfriend."

Shweta widened her eyes, "Now I get it. I'm so sorry. I almost got you killed. Sorry, Ben. No offense."

Now that I was properly introduced, I decided to give them some space. I smiled, "I'll leave you both alone. Feel free to catch up. I will see what Maushi is doing."

I left the room looking for Maushi, but she was not in the house. I went out and saw her rushing somewhere. I ran behind her, "Wait! Maushi!"

"Oh! Don't come! I'll go buy some stuff. Stay at home."

But I was not listening. "I'll accompany you." And so, we bought fresh vegetables picked by Maushi with care. She wanted to make something for us boys- which I was denying the entire time we were shopping, but now she was not listening!

"Maushi, even Zach's family would be making something for us. Think of our stomach! Can we fit all this in it?"

"Tie it on your stomach and bring it home!", she joked.

"Don't worry. I spoke with them. You are having lunch with us."

Really!

"Thanks Maushi. I am glad I came here."

She gave me a loving smile.

We bought all the things we needed- vegetables, bread, butter and most important component; the Masala. As soon as we reached home, Zach and Shweta left in hurry.

"We'll be back in half an hour." They said. I didn't mind- I was happy helping Maushi. it always felt better spending time with parents. I don't know if this is selfish, but I have always longed for such times. By the time the two were back, we were almost done preparing lunch. We had a fulfilling lunch, relishing the tasty Paav-bhaji made with love. And it was as much cheesy as my comment might sound! Post lunch, we bid the duo adieu and returned back to Zach's uncle's house. Even these guys had finished their lunch and waiting for us. Once again, we greeted each other, promising to meet soon, inviting them over to Goa, our home. Before leaving, I made sure I met Maushi and Shweta, exchanging my number with them, asking them to stay in contact. And then, we visited few of other Zach's relatives. By the time we greeted hi & bye to them, the sun went down, and we were back to our hotel in no time. Jamey had become a puppy, bouncing around happily. It was long back since I saw him this happy and excited. I really wished this trip would never end. And tomorrow is a special day for me- it's my birthday!

I really looked forward to what Zach might have planned for me, since this was my first birthday after becoming a couple. It was funny how such small things become important after one falls in love. Next day when I woke up, nobody was in the room. We had booked two rooms- one for all men and other for all women. Since nobody was in the room, I thought they might be downstairs having breakfast. But as I was getting ready, I started getting suspicious.