Chapter 29

ZACH

May started. The scorching sun was killing us slowly. I bathed twice every day. Going to beach was disaster- it was holiday season and beaches were full of tourists. Still, our parents planned a trip for us!! When my parents told me this, I asked Dad, "How is your company allowing you so many holidays?"

But then, why doubt something good? Let's enjoy it!! We got ready for our mission confusion!! A war started between the oldies and the newbies- it was Mumbai V. Kokan!! Every house was having their individual fight to decide on the location. Mums didn't take long to side with their kids, so we were damn sure that we will win in majority- but twist in story! Mummy gang betrayed us, and hence we were going to Mumbai.....

We planned to visit all the famous places in the town, especially churches, temples, gardens and of course beaches. Deciding on 5 places after lots of debates and arguments, everybody got ready for the day. Everything was ready- ladies went shopping and emptied the daddy gangs' wallets in mere three hours. While the Daddy gang planned out the trip- Conveyance, stay, emergency funds, in-charge of the confused herd, etc.

Travel plan was ready, considering everybody's opinion-

Depart by train to Mumbai at night & reach the next day morning,

Day 1: Sightseeing through "Mumbai Darshan" which covers around 10-12 locations in a day,

Day 2: Reserved to meet relatives,

Day 3: Reserved for Essel World.

The plan looked simple, but it was difficult to execute. Nonetheless, we were very excited. Ben was little worried; since Grammy was not joining us and seemed bit unwell. We managed to get her to a doctor, much against her wishes, who told us it was just mild fever. I was on front to back Ben in taking care of her. Not because I wanted Ben to enjoy his trip, but because I was genuinely worried for her. Because Grammy was a fighter, even after her aggressive drinking, she was always fit. Grammy got well; to the point where she literally kicked my ass off her house!

The day before our departure, I called Ben to the beach. I was missing him badly. I knew it was too dramatic when Ben lived just 2 blocks away, but it is what it is.

"Zach!" Ben shouted from afar.

I called him. He ran to me, "Why did you call me? Are you done with the packing?", he asked as he settled beside me.

I nodded in affirmation.

"I have still lot left to pack. Surprisingly, Jamey has been efficient this time. And even more surprising is that Grammy was helping me! Can you believe her?"

We smiled. He took deep breaths to calm himself.

"Now speak. Why did you call me?"

"No reason. I just missed you. A lot." I said with a smile.

He looked at me in disbelief, "That's it?!"

I nodded. Smack!

"You idiot! I left the work at hand to run here, and here you are- messing with me!"

"Come on, don't be so cruel. Didn't you miss me too?"

"Yes, I did. But we are going to be together for 3 days. What else do you want?"

I whined, "Like we will get to spend some private moments."

"Hmmm.......true that. So, do you want to spend some time here? Or go to main city mall?"

"Anything will do."

"Then let's go to the mall. I have to buy some things for the trip."

And so, we spent some time together. I have to admit, dating a friend brings advantages no other relationship might provide. It didn't seem like a date, but we still knew it was one. Even though we never showed that we were lovers, we knew that it was one more page in our book. We had our challenges though- Isha's consistent calls to buy this and that; Nitin's calls to decide his outfits & Krish's surprise visit to the mall!! Did these guys plan all this against us??