Chapter 8

BEN

I rushed to room and closed the door behind me. I still couldn't believe what I did. I placed my bag in its place and sat on my bed. I was stunned, scared, guilty and yet shamelessly happy.

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Focus on your heart beat getting back to normal. Good.

I calmed myself with few deep breaths. I pondered on what had happened up till now. I asked myself:

Okay. So, how did this all start?

Inner me: With a prank.

How did this continue?

Inner me: While you helped him for PPT.

Why did this continue?

Inner me: Because you found him adorable and you had a sudden urge to do it.

Why couldn't I stop thinking about him?

Inner me: Because it bothers you that he is committed.

But it's not the first time he is in a relationship!

Inner me: And it is not the first time you feel insecure.

That's it! I found my answer! I feel insecure. I feel afraid to lose a friend. But it's not his first time to be in a relationship. So I don't need to feel insecure.

I felt relieved after getting to the bottom of this. But, somewhere in my heart, I knew that this was not the end.

I went downstairs to find some food. Grammy was busy chatting on phone; so I gathered whatever I found in the kitchen and brought it to my room. I sat at my computer thinking about the movie I wanted to watch. It had been a while since I saw a movie. I had lots of movies; right from animated movies to Bollywood, Hollywood ones. I am a fan of Bollywood movies, while Zach is a fan of animation. I opened the animated movies folder and I clicked on a random movie. It was a movie named 'Bolt'.

Come on!

'Bolt' is a movie about an actor dog working in a famous movie series 'Bolt' who mistakes himself to be a hero with real powers. It is his adventurous journey of realizing his true abilities; making new friends and finding his true home. Most importantly, it is Zach's favorite movie!

Fuck my fate! It had to be his favorite!

The movie played while I got lost in memories. I think it was summer vacations and we were detained at home thanks to the summer heat. I was eager to watch this movie's premiere on TV, which Zach was uninterested in watching. Aunt Monica bribed him with snacks so that he would sit and watch the movie quietly. Soon, the movie started. Zach was initially reluctant but then he was just lost in the movie.

"Ben, do you think the cat's going to fool him?"

"Ben, do you think he will find his friend and his home?"

"Ben, I hope he finds his way home."

"Ha Ha Ha Ha! How funny this is!"

"Save them! Yes, Save them!"

I was holding my head the entire time. I never found Zach so annoying. The end result, I don't know the story but I do know Zach's reaction on the same. I chuckled.

Zach was such a pain.

I grabbed my phone and messaged him to join me for the movie, but he was offline.

Maybe he is sleeping.

A bit disappointed, I halted the movie and shifted on my bed.

Maybe I should grab some sleep.