Chapter 143 " The Perfect Lie" (2)

In the palace

Malika went to the second floor and knocked faintly on Arjun's room.

Malika: Grandpa, can I come in?
Anika: COME IN PLEASE

She opened the door and she saw Anika sitting with her hair still in Lakshmi's hand and looking at Malika with wide eyes as the room in silence, Malika closed the door then she looked around and saw everyone looking at Anika shocked

Malika: is everything Okay?
Anika: I am not sure, it is the longest minutes of silence I have ever lived (then she smiled a shivery smile) you are making a big deal out of this; I didn't say anything that shocking!!!!! If you thought about it little bit more, you will find that the throne isn't that big a deal and we don't need to take it from Prince Pratap really, tell them Malika?

Malika eyes widened and her mouth dropped and Anika smile vanished then she covered her lips then she smiled.

Anika: you understand Shivaay, you say something.

Shivaay looked at her for a moment and opened his lips to speak but then he just closed his eyes and shook his head and her smile vanished

Anika: Shivaay you didn't hear what he said.

Arjun: WHAT HE SAID?!!!!

And he swept the crystal chess board from over the table, Anika flinched and looked at Arjun with wide as the board broke and Sardar smiled widely.

Sardar: thank god

Arjun frowned to him and his smile vanished as Shivaay frowned faintly looking at Arjun

Arjun: WHAT CAN HE POSSIBLY SAY TO MAKE YOU DECIDE THAT

Shivaay strictly: Prince calm down, you don't have to scream at her, I know this shocking to all of us but Surbhi must have her excuse for this, give her the chance to tell us what he said and then we can discuss and understand the situation.

Anika nodded yes hard: yes, yes I have my excuse, thanks Shivu

Shivaay nodded and Sardar smiled faintly as Arjun looked at Shivaay with wide angry eyes then he closed his eyes and nodded

Arjun: okay, okay you are right (then he smiled a fake smile) Surbhi, sweetheart listen to me, Prince Pratap can do anything to win, he lived all his life fighting his brother, my father and when he knew that this approach don't work with him, he turned to the loving understanding brother even after what happened with Malik he supported my father and made him think he is his right hand that he made him his heir instead of me, after your mother ran away.

Sardar: I thought According to your law the purest and most precious blood is preferred to sit on the throne and technically he is after Jhanvi the purest blood and ..

Arjun: for god's sake Sardar I am your father, what more can I be so you can pick my damn side (then he looked at Anika ) technically what your father said is right but my father could have chosen the heir he wanted, what he did with you was the same which understanding that fighting you is not going to do any good so he use the kindness of your heart instead, netting the perfect lie and selling it to you, now tell me what he said to you so you can change your mind about our plan.

Anika smiled a shivery smile: I can't say, I promised him not to share it with anyone, I can't break my promise but all I can say is that what he said wasn't the perfect lie like you say it was truth, I felt it and I understand that Shivaay was right, he really cares for me he wasn't lying, he changed and he is not the bad person he was.

Arjun eyes widened then he looked at Shivaay who was closing his eyes and lips

Arjun: let me understand you can't say anything of the important things he said that brain washed your mind because you promised him?!!!