SIXTEEN: It's About The Shadow Monster Isn't It?

"Stop whining and just do it! Stop acting like a baby Lucas" Beverly grumbled as Lucas's gaze lingered on the filthy and nauseating dumpster that awaited him. 

"Lucas just hurry up so we can get this over with" The brunette whined as tedium began to sink in, her vitrial strucking Lucas out of his sulk. The stubborn boy abstained and hopped into the dumpster, before gagging that echoed off the walls inside.

"Ugh! It smells like something died in here!" Lucas shouted with revulsion clear in his voice as the sun-kissed girl's face cringed in disgust. "This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" Max gave a voice to the matter which pretty much everyone ignored.

Dustin sauntered in their direction, his face peaked with perplexity. "What the hell is going on?" Dustin commented, his blue eyes teeming with obscurement as he had no comprehension of what he was witnessing.

"What does it look like Henderson? We're obviously looking for dart" Beverly censured the inquisitive boy who had a dumbfounded look on his face before a torn garbage bag flew out of the dumpster and onto the concrete causing a reaction out of the group as trash spewed onto the hot and hard cement.

"Jesus!"

"Ew seriously"

Ugh! Gross!"

Lucas sprung out of the dumpster with a grunt, his eyes sliding to the curly-haired boy as a petulant look took over the deeply annoyed boy. "Well. Well. Well, look who decided to show up. After i lost not one, not two, but three games of rock paper scissors, How convenient" Lucas snided the blue-eyed boy with as much pattry as the Sinclair boy could possibly show.

The party's noses wrinkled as a horrid order emanated from the dumpster boy, their teeth locked hard as the smell hit the back of their throats. 

"You smell absolutely horrific dumpster boy" Lily derided the narrow-minded boy as she attempted to swat away the smell before pinching her nose.

"So gross" Beverly gagged before walking over to the Henderson boy, Max following as she made a similar comment before the two redheads shared a glance.

"Dumpster boy? Really Lily" Lucas's tone of voice could not be described other than fed up with the youngest Harrington who did nothing more than shrug as her lips pressed tightly together. 

Lucas's eyebrows furrowed as he opened his mouth to fire back at the smug girl, the Henderson boy cutting him off. "Where's Eddie and Will?" Dustin quickly chimed in order to prevent a fight as Lucas forcefully threw over a stick in his direction, the group then proceeded to poke the bag of garbage.

"They'll be here." Mike retorted with confidence that he even made himself believe it was true causing Lily to flicker a glance at the boy, her eyes brimming with premotition of the two boys' current state.

The Byers' answering machine began to play in Lily's ear before the girl slammed the phone back onto the receiver. "Nothing?" Mike questioned as Lily exhaled deeply and shook her head. The duo headed back to where their friends awaited them, their heads raised to the sound of the two's footsteps approaching.

"Anything?" Lucas inquired, just before getting cut off by the Wheeler boy. "We need to talk. AV room. Right now" Mike stated sternly, swiftly making his way up the concrete stairs which resulted in the inquisitive new girl immediately standing up. 

The dark-haired boy briskly turned around to face Max with a disgruntled expression that rested on his face. "Party members only" The middle child hissed as his deep brown eyes stared fixedly at the sun-kissed girl.