TWENTY-EIGHT: Lilypop

Once everyone was reunited with their families Joyce informed them they had found the boys. The group rushed to the hospital to see their friends who were being hospitalized and would probably be there for a little bit since the upside-down made them extremely weak. 

The group including Steve and Nancy waited in the waiting room for Jonathan or the doctors to allow them to see Will and Eddie. Dustin's head rested on Lucas' shoulder, Lucas' on Beverly's, and Beverly's on Mike's. The three were fast asleep. 

Lily's leg bounced up and down as she fiddled with her fingers, her head was resting on Mike's whose head was on the brunette's shoulders. Memories of Eleven flashed through Lily's mind.

Mike and Lily quickly flash their lights towards the sound. It was a small girl about their age, she had a buzzcut and an oversized yellow t-shirt. The girl shivered as everyone except Lily stared blankly at her, Lily stared at her with awe. She's beautiful.

Lily bit the inside of her cheek, debating whether or not to wake up the peacefully sleeping girl. Eleven eyes fluttered open before sitting up and rubbing her eyes, Lily smiled. "Hey beautiful I got you some breakfast, it's good, try it. It's called eggos" Eleven took an eggo from the glass plate Lily held up, she hesitated before taking a bite. 

Lily's eyes slightly widened as she continued to chew. "It's good right?" Lily asked the girl who nodded her head. "What's beautiful?" Eleven asked as she tilted her head to the side before taking another bite of the eggo, Lily flushed a light pink. 

"B-Beautiful is what you call a girl you like looking at, like you so beautiful I can't take my eyes off of you" Lily shyly explained while looking down at her bracelet. Eleven's hand made its way to Lily's cheek causing Lily to look into El's eyes. 

"You are beautiful" El softly told Lily. "You're gorgeous" Lily smiled as she placed her hand over eleven's that was on her cheek. Eleven gazed at her confused as she retracted her hand from the girl's cheek before intertwining their fingers.

"Gorgeous is another word for beautiful but better" Lily softly explained, Eleven listened to every word that Lily spoke, her eyes never looking away from Lily's. "What's best?" El inquired as she took another bite of the eggo that was in El's other hand. 

Lily thought about it for a moment before responding. "Um. I would say perfect. Why?"Lily asked as she stared at Eleven confused as she slightly tilted her head to the side. "You are perfect Lils" Eleven softly spoke as she blushed, Lily flushed a light pink.

"Um you already know my name is Lily, it's short for Lilian-" Lily spoke before the girl cut her off. "Lils" Eleven softly said, this made Lily smile widely. "Yeah, you can call me Lils" Lily spoke as she beamed at the girl. "Maybe we can call you El, you know short for Eleven. What do you think about that?" Eleven nodded her head, smiling up at Lily.

"Come on let's dance" Lily excitedly told El. "Dance?" Lily grabbed el's hand and led her towards the middle of the room. "it's easy just put your hands around the back of my neck" El slowly placed her hands around Lily's back of her neck. Lily placed her hands on El's waist, bringing the girl closer. "Then you just sway side to side" Lily explained, they danced.