TWENTY-ONE: The Junkyard

"Oh yeah. Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine" Steve spoke, smacking his lips in satisfaction as he pulled off his shades, and walked further into the Junkyard. "Good call dude" 

Dustin's face flushed with happiness from Steve's approval as Bev rolled her eyes, the two teens trailing after the Harrington boy. The three's hands dug into their buckets, leaving chucks of meat behind every few steps before dumping them into a big pile and shaking them clean"

"I said medium well!" The three teenagers' eyes snatched up and searched for whom the voice belonged to, their eyes landing on Max and Lucas, who waved a few feet ahead. "God dammit, Lucas" The Parker girl spoke, a hard edge of disappointment in her voice as the long-haired redhead and oldest Sinclair boy descended the hill.

"Who's that?" The brunet boy inquired, his squinted eyes gazing in the sun-kissed girl's direction before his chin moved an inch toward the two icy-eyed teens. The 'v' created between Steve's eyes etched as they probed the two's faces. A yearning expression pulled on Bev's and Dustin's faces, their eyes stared fixedly at the tan girl whose face his behind her screen of warm shades of red for a moment with every movement she made.

The party conversed, crouched behind a rustic, faded ca". "You told her?" Dustin inquired tightly, his voice critical and disappointed as his eyebrows knit together. "So what?" Lucas retorted impulsively, his tone dripping with hostility as a deep, capricious expression creased his forehead"

"Did you not forget people will come and kill us, you moron!" Beverly chided, and a quick flash of anger pulsed through her as Lucas held his gaze on her. "So what" The hotheaded redhead scoffed sardonically, attempting to keep her voice prudent but sounding sullen instead"

"I don't know why you're so pissed Bev if you're the one who told her first" Lucas brusquer revealing the redhead's actions as a blank facial expression took over her face. "You told her? When?" The curly-haired boy inquired, his voice high and tight, as Lucas mockingly widened his eyes a few fractions and shifted his chin further in the tomboy's direction"

"Okay, first of all, I told her was about El, not the entire damn story so bag your face" Beverly scorched the Sinclair boy, the 'v' between her eyebrows etched as it lead to an argument arising of insult. "Stop it! Stop it" Dustin demanded, gently pushing the arguing teens' bodies inched closer to one another.

"Hey! We agreed not to tell her and to look for Dart" The Henderson boy continued, his voice rising over the arguing two as his monolid eyes shifted between Beverly and Lucas, condemnation teeming"

"Who you conveniently found" Lucas implicated caustically, his voice still rough from irritation as he motioned a hand in the icy-eyed teens' direction. At the same time, his half-lidded eyes scrutiny the slight change of expression on their faces.

"Are you suggesting we're lying?" The flagrant boy retorted, maintaining his gaze on Lucas in order to eliminate suspicion. "You literally have a creepy little bond with him" Lucas replied, his expression guarded, cynical. "Yeah, well, that was before he turned into a Demogorgon" The curly-haired boy responded wretchedly dripping from his voice and earning a quick moment of silence to fill the air.