FOURTEEN: I Can Be Your Zoomer

The duo along with Beverly searched the school halls for the creature

The duo along with Beverly searched the school halls for the creature. The three turned a corner before passing a few students who were on their way home and made their way to a small flight of stairs.

Mike jutted the supercomm that was clutched in the grip of his hand so it was now in close proximity to his mouth. "Eastside is clear. No sign of Dart anywhere" Mike reported as he made his way up a small flight of stairs as the Parker and Harrington girl followed closely behind.

"Where'd you go you little shit" Lily muttered under her breath as they continued forward, passing an intersection to another corridor where Eleven meandered. A familiar voice rang through El's ears as she stopped in her tracks and followed the direction the voice came from.

Eleven's eyes probed for any sight of the girl as she made a deliberate decision of which way to continue searching. The curly-haired boy's eyes prowled the halls for his precious creature before running into Mr. Clarke who made his way towards the exit.

Both the man and the boy stared fixedly at each other, Dustin sent the light complexion man a smile before saluting him. Mr.Clarke returned the gesture before the two carried on to what they were doing before their strange and awkward interaction.

"West is clear too. Will? Eddie?" Dustin spoke into his headset as he addressed the skittish boys who were searching for the creatures together. The two boys gently pushed open a creaked door, revealing an empty classroom with no sight of Dart.

"South is clear. Lucas?" Will retorted into the supercomm that his hand gripped before releasing the side black button of the communicating device, a pair of milk chocolate eyes meeting his. 

Lucas's head whipped backward as his deep brown eyes scoured for any witnesses as if he was about to commit a crime. The Sinclair boy ran towards a closed-door as he jutted his leg, kicking the piece of wood inward revealing a startled older woman whose face was white-sheeted from the boy's sudden presence.

A startled expression took over the dark-skinned boy's facial expression as the woman who is called Ursula by Lily, eyes brimmed with vexation and bewilderment. "Excuse me?! Mr.Sinclar" The old wrinkly woman whose wrinkles deepened with the displeased expression that rested on her face as the corner of her lips tugged down.

"S-Sorry. I-I was looking for study hall" Lucas stammered as his eyes prowled around the room before meeting the woman's harsh and unsettling glare. "Nothing here man" The mildly embarrassed boy retorted to the caramel boy's question as he briskly made his way out of the classroom.

Lily's clammy fingers wrapped around the cold metal handle of the two wooden doors as the glimmering light from the ceiling lights gleamed through the clear windows and illuminated the dirty gymnasium floor.

The brunette's hand gently pulled the door handles before entering the open room with Beverly and Mike trailing behind. "Maybe we should split up, we can cover more ground that way" Lily suggested as her eyes probed around the area before turning on her heels, meeting Mike's and Bev's skeptical glances.