FIFTEEN: It can't be

The five rode to the power lines right after school where they found the mused buzz-cut girl who stared fixedly ahead

 The five rode to the power lines right after school where they found the mused buzz-cut girl who stared fixedly ahead. "El?" The girl immediately snapped out of her thoughts and turned in the direction of the name she was given. A pair of soft grey eyes met her brown ones, it was the Harrington girl's voice she heard.

"You okay?" Lily inquired, her grey eyes aeonian on the mysterious girl who involuntary nodded her head. Lily with caution dismounted the seat of Mike's bike whose headshot in the direction of the Harrington girl; eyes filled with condemnation of the girl's actions.

"Thanks, Mike," Lily said with a voice like velvet as attempted to pull her bike handle the raven-haired boy dragged beside him. Mike's grip tightened as the girl attempted to pry her bike from the boy's grasp.

"Hey, you sure you'll be able to ride your bike I-"

"Mike I'll be fine" Lily reassured him as she playfully rolled her eyes, the middle child loosened his grip on the handle resulting in the brunette grabbing hold and pulling it to her side.

 "Hop on, we only have a few hours before night strikes" Lily spoke in a monotonous voice, attempting to sound frightening as she patted her bike's seat signaling eleven to get on. 

Eleven cracked a smile in response to the Harrington girl's foolishness as she sauntered in the girl's direction. The skittish girl hopped on the back of Lily's bike resulting in Lily taking off behind the other party members who got a head start.

The sound of the autumn leaves crunching under their feet and birds crowing echoed through the air as the group meandered through the forest. Eleven walked on the opposite side of Lily who blankly stared at the ground below, watching the leaves crumble with each step she took. 

The small porcelain skin girl's eyes probed the brunette's battered face.  A large purple bruise took up half of the girl's forehead as dried blood stained her chapped ivory lips. El's eyes flickered to Lily's tender bruised fists that lightly squeezed the handles due to the aching pain that traveled through her body.

"Who.. did that?" Eleven meekly asked the girl while dropping her eyes to the floor before meeting Lily's bemused eyes. The small girl's skinny finger extended out and pointed at the youngest Harrington girl's face and knuckles before pulling her hand down to her side.

"Oh that. A mouthbreather" Lily huffed as she furtive eye contact with Eleven whose doe-like eyes softly gazed before tilting her head, evidently signaling she didn't fathom what Lily spoke.

 "It's someone stupid who does stupid things. Someone who does or says hurtful things" Lily softly explained as her eyes glanced sideways at the girl walking beside her through her screen of hair. "I understand" Eleven softly spoke as she ever so gently placed her smaller in comparison hand on Lily's. The two girls shared a luminescent grin before sheepishly averting their eyes.