SEVENTEEN: He Ate Mews?!?

WARNING: This chapter contains violence, mentions of abuse, and a brief mention of drugs. Please proceed with caution

Beverly's legs gently pedaled through the empty streets of her small neighborhood on Dustin's bike which she hijacked to get home. The girl's body balanced on the pedals as the bike glided through the streets on its own before she started pedaling again.

Once the blue-eyed girl's house began to approach her fastly, her feet guided the pedals backward allowing the bike to decrease in speed before coming to a complete stop. The redhead carelessly dropped the curly-haired boy's bike into the proliferating weeds that infested the Parker residence's front yard which was half of Bev's body length.

Beverly made her way through the overgrown weeds before approaching the faded brown door which splinters were visible from how out of date it was. The Parker girl's hand trembled as it extended towards the knob of the beaten and worn-out door.

The cold metal knob met the girl's palm before she oh so carefully turned it and creaked open the door, praying her mother wasn't home and was out elsewhere. The overwhelming smell of cigarettes hit the back of Bev's through, announcing her mother's presence to her.

The redhead girl coughed violently, attempting to draw in deep gasps for anything other than the clouds of smoke that clogged the entity of the house. Bev swatted the smoke screen that blocked her vision as her nose scrunched in protest to the overbearing aroma that polluted the air.

In the small narrow entryway from the living room to the kitchen stood a rather statuesque woman that leaned against the faded navy blue wall with a cigarette between her index and middle finger up to her lips as she deeply inhaled the toxicants that traveled and poisoned her lungs.

Beverly was a spitting image of the woman who had much more tousled curls that sprung in every possible direction as they well pasted the woman's shoulders. Her wild hair was cut in a mullet with it short on the top much like Bev's now and long untamed curls on the redhead's ends.

This woman wore a long lavender robe that ran down to her knees accompanied by black fuzzy slippers that hugged her feet. "Where have you been girl" Beverly's mother hoarse voice boomed across the confined space, and the girl's eyes dropped to the floor.

"Friend's house ma'am" The Parker girl meekly retorted with her tail between her legs as her eyes stayed glued to the linoleum. Nothing Beverly feared more than was her own mother and what the woman was capable of.

Amanda pushed herself off the wall that supported her weight before walking over to Bev who was frozen in place by the front door. "Now tell me- did I all-ow you to go to this frie-nd's hou-se?" The drunk woman spoke gruffly as the smell of strong alcohol rolled off her breath.

"No ma'am" The skittish girl feebly responded, dejection evident in her voice as she furtive her mother's hate-filled eyes. The woman smelled the fear that ran through the small girl's body as a small chuckle was audible.