TWENTY: The flea and the acrobat

"An alternative dimension" Mike and Lily spoke in unison

"An alternative dimension" Mike and Lily spoke in unison. But, how do we get there?" Lucas asked as he eyed the group, the group eyed him back. "Well you cast shadow walk" Dustin spoke as if was the most obvious thing ever.

"In real life dummy," Lucas spoke as he softly rolled his eyes. "We can't but maybe she can" Dustin turned to Eleven who sat on the couch with her head resting on her hands, slouching as she sadly stared at the floor.

"Guys no way-" Lily trailed off only to be cut off by Lucas. "Do you know how to get to the Upside-Down?" Lucas asked the sad girl, Eleven looked up from the floor and shook her head.

(time skip)

"OW Nance" Lily yelped as Nancy twisted and turned Lily's hair. "I'm so sorry L" Nancy apologized as she slightly stuck her tongue out as Nancy focuses on Lily who she considers her little sister's hair.

Lily exaggeratedly inhaled through her nose as she was about to cry before speaking; "I'm a sucker for pain" Lily told the older girl in a weird voice, Nancy burst out laughing, only for her laugh to die down after a few seconds.

"No, I don't mean- well I mean about the hair too but about everything else also. I'm so sorry you have to go through these" Nancy softly spoke as she held back the tears, without hesitation, Lily pulled Nancy into a big hug. Nancy wrapped her arms around Lily as she held onto the small girl tightly.

 "Hey N you okay?" Lily asked concerned as Nancy pulled away.

"I just- I just don't know what I would do if you or Mike went missing, you're like my little sister" Nancy softly spoke, Lily softly gazed into Nancy's glossy eyes as she softly smiled because of how much Nancy deeply cared about her.

"Nance I promise you I won't go missing, I can't say the same for Mike but I'll definitely make sure he doesn't" Nancy softly laughed, no matter what situation Lily always found a way to lighten the mood.

"Wait if you're my sister, Mike's your brother then and you like- like your brother" Nancy joked as Lily playfully rolled her eyes. "No Mike is adopted" Nancy burst out laughing once more, and Lily joined. The laughter died down once Karen entered the room.

"Are you girls ready?" Karen asked the two girls, she earned a soft nod from Lily and Nancy. Lily slowly walked down the stairs, once Mike had laid eyes on Lily he immediately stood up from his position on the couch, he watched her in awe as they walked up to each other. Lily bashfully smiled at Mike as they got lost in each other's eyes, their faces inches apart.

"You look beautiful Lilybug" Mike gently told Lily, a light pink spread across Lily's face as she momentarily looked down at the floor before softly gazing into Mike's brown eyes. "Aw thanks, Mike you look beautiful too" Mike laughed at her response.

The duo walked hand and hand to the car. Soon enough, the Wheelers and Lily arrived at the funeral. Eddie and Will's 'bodies' were being buried side by side; Mike and Lily found their friends and stood in the front row.