FIFTEEN: Wake Up!

Will and Eddie warily crept into the boys' bathroom in search of the creature that the group believes can be from the godforsaken upside down

Will and Eddie warily crept into the boys' bathroom in search of the creature that the group believes can be from the godforsaken upside down. The Cooper boy swallowed the large lump that build up in the back of his throat as he and the Carmel-haired boy made their way to search the stalls. Both the boys' stomachs imploded with overwhelming intuition as their heads were clouded and mulled with apprehension.

Sounds of chattering drowned out the silence as Will and Eddie slowly made their way to the last stall where the noises seemed to be coming from. Will extended out his wobbling hand before gently pushing the creaked stall door wide open just before the two boys' eyes flickered down, their fearful chocolate eyes locking the beady eyes of the slimy creature that coward behind the toilet.

"Guys... We found him" Will reported in a seeming tranquility voice into the supercommm as his wide eyes engrossed on Dart, Eddie cowardly hid behind him as he clung to the Byers boy's arm. "Where?" Dustin's voice gushed out of the supercomm, eager to know the exact location of his beloved pet.

"In the bathroom by Mr.Salnero's" Will's voice softly spoke, informing the group as he clamped a tighter grip on his supercomm that began to slip from his sweaty palm. "Copy that" Mike's voice faded out, Will pulled his arm down so it was down by his side as the two boys did everything in their power to show endurance until the rest of the group arrived.

"It's okay. We're not going to hurt you" Will attempted to soothe the creature from its frightened state, the small boy's voice flooded with a mixture of sincerity and atone as he tenderly gazed at the creature. Dart let out a cacophony screech causing tension to jolt through Will and Eddie's bodies as they flitted the bathroom, Will dropping the supercomm onto the floor in the process.

The boys heavily panted as they lingered in the empty hallway, attempting to catch their breath as their hearts beat against their ribcages. The Byers and Cooper boys' eyes engrossed and brimmed with terror at the acute dim hallway before them. Lights started to aggressively flicker around them causing Will and Eddie's eyes to dart to them, fear building up in the pits of their stomachs.

The pair of mocha eyes followed the flickering lights that vigorously shined before their eyes landed behind them once more where vines spread everywhere much how they saw that night in the Arcade.

Black mist spewed out of the hallways that were accompanied by a low growl as the boys flitted for their lives in the opposite direction as fast as their legs could carry them. The two burst through the metal doors to the outside world that seemed to lose all its color and light. It was as if someone sucked out the hue of the world and replaced it with nothing but complete darkness.

Dustin anxiously and eagerly thrust through each stall door until his eyes landed on the slimy creature he was so desperately looking for causing a smile to crack on his face as he sighed; dispelling the thoughts of never seeing his precious creature ever again.