FOUR: One year earlier

Eleven's eyes shot open, clear liquid emerged from out her mouth as she began to violently cough

Eleven's eyes shot open, clear liquid emerged from out her mouth as she began to violently cough. Crimson blood dripped down the buzzcut girl's nose as she gathers all her strength to push herself up. 

Eleven fearfully looked around to see the classroom she once was in with her friends was now covered in black vines as white flakes flew everywhere. Eleven was in the upside-down. 

Eleven's chest rose and fell rapidly as her breath was unsteady, she began to walk out of the classroom and into the dark, vine-infested hallways.

Every step El took her shoes made a soft squelching noise as if her shoes were soaked with a liquid subsense. The girl's body swayed side to side as she used the walls for support to push forward. Eleven groaned in exhaustion as she leaned against the wall, placing all her body weight against it. 

"Lils?" El's voice echoed through the empty halls before there was nothing but the sound of her heavy breathing. Eleven shoved herself from the wall and turned a corner, she began to trudge down the long, empty, and dark corridor.

El's eyes darted in all directions in search of the brunette. "Lils?" El's voice broke as tears weld in her eyes, there was no response.

 "Lils? Lils! Perfect! Perfect!" The frightened girl shrieked as her pace accelerated, she rounded another corner and began to whimper. What sounded like voices shouted indistinctly causing El's head to shot towards the direction of noises.

Across the hallway on the wall was an unfamiliar red object that was surrounded by vines. The pale girl's eyes widened as she began to slowly approach the red plastic-like object. 

As she walked closer what looked like light glint on the other side. Eleven slightly crouched as she looked through the red material of the wall to see tall figures with what looked like small lights in their hands.

The figures moved in closer revealing soldiers, the buzzcut girl let out a startled gasp before swiftly moving away, her back flat against the wall away from the viewing through the red object. 

The loud voices began to fade away along with the small amounts of lights that shined through to the other side as Eleven swallowed hard, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Eleven cautiously moved from against the wall and went back to her previous position in front of the vine-filled wall, her eyes perked with curiosity as she poked her hand through the red slimy part of the wall making a crunching noise as the material stretched with El's hand. 

El's now slimy hand went right through the gooey substance and was visible on the other side of the wall. Eleven retracted her hand and scanned it for a few moments, her hand was still a little sticky but her forearm was completely dry.

Eleven glared up at the red thin material before taking a few steps back, she wiped the goop on her filled with dirt used to be pink dress she wore before intensely scowled at the wall in front of her. 

Eleven extended her arm and rose her hand, her fingertips slightly began to crunch up as it shook. The wall began to crumble as she concentrated as hard as she could, her eyebrows knitted together.

Once the now crumbled wall was big enough for Eleven to go through, the girl's hands were flat against one another before she cut through the slimy material and walked through it. Once El broke through the slime, she fell onto her knees and onto the marble floor. 

Eleven's whole body head to toe was drenched in goo as she panted heavily, her palms flat against the floor as she gently turned her head to look around.

Eleven ignored the pain that traveled throughout her whole body as she pushed herself off the ground and onto her feet once more. Blood was dragged throughout the hallways from the events from the Demogorgon. 

The strained girl sauntered to the nearest place she knew how to get to, Mike's house. It was extremely dark by the time the buzzcut girl arrived at the residence of the Wheelers. Eleven stood on top of a grassy small hill as she gazed at the flashing blue-lit cars that enclosed the Wheelers house.

Agents were jammed within the house looking for any evidence to find the telekinesis girl. A man and woman interrogated the duo as the kids sat side by side on a mini green couch. 

"Let's go back to the beginning-" The darker woman spoke before Lily cut her off. "We already told you everything" Lily growled at the adults that worked for the bad men, Mike overlapped the brunette's hand for comfort.

"I understand this is difficult, Lilian-" The man spoke with a stern voice before Lily whipped her head around so she was glaring at him, she was about to talk back to the agent before Mike spoke for her. 

"WE.DON'T. KNOW. WHERE. SHE. IS" Mike interrupted as he eyed him wearing a slick black suit, pausing with each word as he defended up his best friend.

"And even if I did, I would never ever tell you. I would never" Lily made clear as she scowled, gritting her teeth against one another in anger. Eleven approached the living room window, her eyes immediately landing on Lily. 

Eleven watched every movement the girl made, the way her fist shook beside her, the way she angrily eyed the two well-dressed agents, the gentle breaths Lily inhaled and exhaled. 

Lily had this really strange feeling like she was being watched as if someone watched her from a short distance.

"I know it's difficult to accept, but the stories she told you were not true. She's a very dangerous individual" The woman spoke as she glared at the Harrington girl who stopped listening and was staring out the window, she squinted her eyes, she thought she saw a figure on the other side of the glass. 

Behind the glass, a jean jacket and pink dress with a light blue hoodie wrapped around her waist barely reflected on the window. Lily's eyes softened as a small smile pulled on the corner of her lips. 

Eleven's face broke into a smile as she gently pressed her hand against the top of the glass as tears weld up in her tear duct. Mike's eyes followed where Lily's were glued on, he squinted his eyes, barely seeing the girl also.

The duos' haze was broken by the sound of their names being called multiple times. "Michael? Lilian?" Mike and Lily's whipped their heads towards the woman but it was too late. The man and woman turned away from the kids and stared out the window. 

The bad men were rushed out of the house moments later and began to search the area. "Y-You s-saw h-h-her right M-Mike" Lily's voice broke as she released the tears she held back, her whole body began to shake violently. 

Mike's eyes softened as he smoothly dipped his head before delicately entwined his skinny arms around the girl's small frame. Lily began to bawl into the dark-haired plain shirt as Mike cradled the fragile girl in his arms.

This scene literally broke my heart 😣. Hey guys thanks for reading this whole book so far and this chapter. I really appreciate all 800+ of you so much. If there are any suggestions for this book or future books lmk. Hope everyone has a good day/night and good life. Stay Strange