NINE: Promise?

The girls pulled away with a wide smile on both of their faces as the song ended

The girls pulled away with a wide smile on both of their faces as the song ended. "The sweater looks good on you" Lily endorsed Eleven's appearance in her hoodie, the buzzcut girl's eyes crinkled at the compliment. 

"Want to try another song?" Lily asked the girl who nodded in response to her question. Eleven clamped on Lily's hand before the two girls walked hand in hand towards the dresser. 

Eleven once again looked through the records before choosing a record to play and handing it to Lily. The youngest Harrington grabbed it with her free hand and removed the record from the case and gently settled it on the record player before placing the turntable needle on the record.

The record began to slowly turn before picking up speed and playing the song Eleven has chosen. Girls just want to have fun started to boomingly play through the speakers as they began to vibrate from the loud sound. Lily once more led the small girl to the middle of the room as the corners of her mouth began to turn up. 

"Do you trust me?" Lily asked the girl as the Harrington girl's eyes sparkled at Eleven who softly dipped her head. Lily's smile grew as she reached for Eleven's hand as the skittish girl's eyes followed her movements. 

Once Lily grasped ahold of El's smaller hand, the grey-eyed girl spun her around causing a startled look to take over El's face for a second before fading away and being replaced by a lit-up expression. Lily grabbed both of El's hands and pushed them back and forth to the rhythm with the music as she began to sang along.

The phone rings, in the middle of the night,
My father yells "What are you gonna do with your life?"
Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one,
But girls they wanna have fun,
Oh girls just wanna have

Lily softly sang as her eyes trained on the mysterious girl who radiantly beamed at her. Lily spun El again before dancing with the girl once more. Eleven was getting it little by little, moving more and more to the beat and rhythm of the song. The girls' arms swung through the air as they jumped up and down in place as their bodies swayed.

"You got it el" Lily spoke with her voice laced with joy, a soft giggle escaped past the grey-eyed girl's lips as the two girls shared a beaming smile, continuing to dance with one another. El could never stop smiling when she was with Lily. 

Eleven felt so full of life and secure with safety when they were together. The girl wanted to spend every last moment with Lily and would feel alone until they were together once more.

El wouldn't know what to do if papa found out where she was hiding and take her away from the girl she needed the most to keep her sane. Eleven would do everything in her power to keep the girl safe and with her at all times.