Chapter 1: Quirkless

Musutafu, Japan, 2130, Yagi Household

3rd POV

It was a lovely afternoon. The sun was shining bright and the wind was rustling. We saw a young boy playing in a park in the middle of Musutafu with a young black-haired girl with ponytailed hair. It was Izuku Yagi, the son of Toshinori Yagi and Inko Yagi, and his childhood friend, Momo Yaoyorozu. Izuku has known Momo ever since she was a toddler, and they have been almost inseparable throughout their entire lives. Momo demonstrates her quirk to a childhood friend while playing in a sandbox and building a sand castle.

"Hey Zuzu, check out what my quirk is doing" as she is creating a matryoshka doll with her quirk

"Wow, that's so cool Mo Chan, I can wait to see what my quirk is tomorrow morning," he said excitedly.

As Momo giggled, "Hey Zuzu, let's make a promise right now that no matter what happens, we will stay together no matter what, and as a promise, take this," she said cheerfully while handing one of the matryoshka dolls to him.

"Of course, we're going to be heroes together," he said, showing his one million watt smile to her while taking the doll.

Momo looked at his eyes filled with life and joy, as she blushed a little while looking at his face.

"Hey Izuku, come on, let's go home." A straight-haired girl said, "Mom has been looking for you," Her name is Izumi Yagi, the twin sister of Izuku Yagi,while waving her hand at Izuku

"Coming Izumi, bye Mo Chan, see you tomorrow" as he said goodbye.

As he walked away from the park to meet with Izumi and his mother waiting in the car, they drove away from the park and headed straight home. But little did he know that his life was going to be hell.

Next Day

"I'm sorry kid... But you're quirkless" said the doctor.

"W-what ?" He said quietly while sitting on the chair in the doctor's room.

Izumi and Inko were shocked after hearing the news. His son didn't have any quirks at all. This has to be a mistake.

"Are you sure, doctor? There has to be some sort of mistake, right?" Inko inquired.

The doctor looked at her and then placed the test result on his table. "As you can see, there isn't any extra toe joint in your son at all. And we ran a blood test just to make sure and it showed no active signs of quirk. "I'm sorry, kid, but you're quirkless," the doctor said. Izuku was shocked. Without even realizing it, he dropped his All Might figure and just stared at the floor while holding his eyes so as not to cry.

"But the good news is that your daughter has the same quirk as you but is much stronger. If she trains herself every day, she could be an amazing hero in the future" said the doctor.

After hearing the good news, Inko just smiles happily while looking at her daughter. "Did you hear that, Izumi? You're going to be an amazing hero." She immediately turned around and hugged her daughter. They were so happy to hear the news that they didn't see Izuku looking at her mom with a sad look.

"Can I still be a hero even without a quirk?" Izuku asked the doctor with a saddened expression. "Of course, young man, remember what All Might always said about anyone having the potential to be a hero," the doctor replied.

After he was done talking with the doctor, he didn't notice that his mother was already gone with Izumi to the car. He said goodbye to the doctor while the doctor was smiling with a pained expression and having the thought, "Poor kid... He's going to have a hard life. I'm just hoping that his parents will love him no matter what."

Izuku is running to the parking lot, trying to catch up with his mother. Barely catching up, he entered the car and sat while looking at the window. On the way home, his mother kept praising Izumi's new quirk and saying that she would be the next number one hero along the way home. Soon they arrived at their home, and his father greeted their children and asked a question, " So how did it go?"

"Well, Izuku is quirkless, but our daughter has a stronger version of my quirk," Inko responds. After hearing the news, his father turned around and lifted his daughter in the air to congratulate her. "I'm so proud of you, Izumi. That's my baby girl. You're going to be a great hero dear. "

After hearing that, Izumi just smiles happily at her father and gives him a loving hug. But in the corner of the room, Izuku is standing quietly while thinking that his family has already forgotten him. They celebrated Izumi for having a strong quirk by having a feast, but Izuku felt like he didn't belong there, so he just went to his bed and slept, hoping that tomorrow was going to go back to normal. But how wrong he was.