Chapter 8 Ashamed

It's 11 PM and it's raining hard with thunderstorms, we could see around 10 cars driving in the middle of the road near Musutafu. Inside those cars, no one utters a single word along the road. The ride is so quiet and full of tension as they just drive for over an hour. No one spoke to each other or turn the radio to cut the tension. It feels like anyone that dares to utter a word will get yelled out by everyone in the car.

Inside one of the cars, there are a total of 5 passengers sitting in the car. The one that's driving is Aizawa Shota also known as Eraserhead as he just drives in total silence while having a solemn face, sitting beside him is Detective Naomasa who's just looking at the road and not bothering to look at the three passengers behind him as he was too disgusted with their presence in the car.

Behind them is the Yagi family sitting in the car in a gloomy atmosphere. Inko is sitting on the left side of the car near the window, she just looked at the window crying while hugging a certain photo frame as she started to reflect on her entire life all this time. She misses her baby boy, she could still remember when he was 3 years old when she would feed him, play in the park, read him a bedtime story, or tuck him on to bed. And the saddest part is, that's all the memories she had of Izuku. There are no memories of him in the last ten years that she remembers, she couldn't remember any family dinner, school field trip, movie night, or family vacation. There is no image of Izuku in any of those memories.

The fact that she doesn't remember what Izuku looked like is making her a hundred times worse than she already has. How could a mother doesn't remember what her son looked like? She realized that she already failed as a mother, and that's why she hugged the photo frame even tighter. It's the last reminder of her son that she still has.

It's the photo of Izuku when he was 4 years old.

Toshinori is no better than his wife. He was quirkless just like his son, he of all people should know what it feels like to be quirkless, to have no friend, to get belittled like nothing important. Hell, he is probably the reason why his son is quirkless in the first place.

When he choose to marry Inko, he said in front of her and everyone that he vowed that he would love their children no matter what. And look how that turned out to be, his son is already dead and his daughter is the cause of his death. Some father he turned out to be, he's just like his father. An abusive man that doesn't give a fuck about his children. I guess what people said is true.

Like father like son

Izumi is sitting on the right side of the car with a sorrowful expression. She regrets what she did along with her friends. She promised that she would protect him from danger, that she didn't want him to die in a villain attack. And what did she do, she broke her brother both body and spirit.

The punches, the kicks, the insult, the beating, Izumi claimed that it was all to show him that quirks are dangerous, that without them you couldn't be a hero. But somewhere deep down, she began to enjoy it along with her friend. The sound of his scream and cry for help, it makes her feel alive. She's very disgusted with how she turned out to be right now. From a loving and caring sister to a self-centered bitch that likes to torment her brother.

She figures that once Izuku is already given up to be a hero and he dropped his UA application, then she and her friends could apologize to him. Then perhaps he could go get a job somewhere and she could introduce his brother to her friends that have a crush on him. She knew that Katsumi and Shoka always had a crush on him ever since they were kids. Momo too, considered that she was friends with Izuku since he was a toddler. But now it's nothing but a twisted dream that she pictured for a long time.

One hour has passed since they drive to the site and they finally arrive. They got out of the car and grabbed a flashlight for everyone so that they could see since it was the middle of the night. "Where is it," Aizawa asked sternly to Izumi.