Chapter 18 Blast to Kingdom Come

As they were waiting for the final event, the students were waiting patiently in the middle of the arena waiting for Midnight to announce the final event. The sound of the cheering echoing the arena along with the clapping sound of the crowd cheering for their hero in training.

"Alright, now that we already took a break after the second event. LET'S BEGIN WITH OUR FINAL EVENT. THE BATTLE TOURNAMENT. NOW BACK TO YOU MIDNIGHT." Present Mic yelled trying to get the crowd riled up.

"Thank you Mic, now before we begin, I have some unfortunate news. Due to Tenya Iida's injuries in the Cavalry Battle, he would not be participating in today's event and has withdrawn from the festival, so we decided that these match participants were only 15 students" Midnight explained as some of the crowd began to booing with the decision and telling that Bakugou kid should be disqualified.

Katsuki being Katsuki himself just decided to click his tongue in frustration and mutter under his breath telling that he was weak, to begin with. Before Midnight could explain the rule for the next event, Kirishima raised his hand trying to get Midnight's attention.

"Sensei, we've talked about this during the break and we decided that all three of us were dropping out from this year's school event," Kirishima said that and Sero and Mina were also agreeing with this decision.

The participating student was turning their respective head towards Kirishima as they were baffled by the decision. Throwing a chance like this would be a waste and all three of them are agreeing with this.

Izumi turned in their direction and asked them in disbelief. "But why, this is your chance to get scouted by the pro hero. Why are you all doing this?". Abandoning the chance to participate in Sports Festival is almost like throwing a spot for a top ten hero.

"I'm sorry Izumi but we talked about this and we decided that we don't have the right to join this event," Mina said while looking sad.

"I get it that you were part of Katsuki team, but that doesn't mean that you all have to pay the price for it," Shoka said while trying to reassure them that it wasn't their fault.

"Still, we felt pretty bad for not stepping in," Sero said while rubbing the back of his head.

"Izumi, if we took part in this match, I couldn't live with myself knowing that I could have stopped him from hurting Iida. And I wouldn't be able to call myself a man," Kirishima said to her.

Midnight who heard this felt touched as she saw that some of them are actually showing integrity. "Alright, I accept your decision. I'm here to announce that Kirishima Eijiro, Hanta Sero, and Mina Ashido were dropped from this tournament at their own request," Midnight announces to the audience. Some of them are clapping at the decision for their chivalry and integrity.

"Katsuki, anything you want to say to your old teammate?" Midnight asked the pomeranian in front of him but he just scoffed.

"Huh, what's there to say? It's their loss, not mine. That means three less obstacles standing in my way," Katsuki said while acting like a jerk. The rest of the students just looked at him disgusted with his attitude and Katsumi muttered "Asshole" under her breath.

"Alright, now let me show you the lineup for today's one on one battle," Midnight said and the screen in the arena began to show the match lineup.

Izumi Yagi VS Hitoshi Shinso

Shoto Todoroki VS Mashirao Ojiro

Denki Kaminari VS Katsumi Bakugou