Chapter 55 Scorching Fist

Iida sprints back towards the city as fastest as he can. His engine began to overheat as he sprints and the wind rushes in through his face. He's just coming back from the nearest evacuation center delivering Izumi's father there. Along the way, he kept grunting at his back hitting him over and over again telling him to put him down and take him to his daughter's location. But, the class speedster didn't listen to his order and continued to run to the safety point.

After he arrived and handed the blond skeleton man to the police to take him inside, he saw Shoka coming from there with bandages around her head. The bandages are still in red from the blood, Iida who saw her quickly went after her asking her where she had been. She explains to him that All Might had saved her from the building. After that, she went down and headed to the road where there was a police officer that help her along the way and take her to the evacuation center.

Iida quickly nodded and told her to stay here while he went out to go back in Izumi's direction. Shoka who saw he was about to leave quickly went outside to chase the blue bespectacled boy and grabbed her wrist telling him to take her to. Iida was beyond baffled by her suggestion, he quickly refused saying that she needs rest and she was in no condition to go out and joined on the battle. However, Shoka kept pressing the matter, saying that she needs to be there and she can't forgive herself if anything happens to her brother or Izuku.

In a desperate way, Iida nodded and agrees to take her as well. He pulled her wrist out to the door as she saw the destruction that was happening to the city. There's a perimeter set by the police and special forces to block the street way. Ambulances and paramedics began to make their way to the building, carrying stretchers filled with patients and civilians. Heroes began to move left and right, trying to save everyone they can.

Iida quickly went to the street while heating up his engine and make a mad dash while Shoka is using her ice to slide onto the road and used her right hand to propel himself with her flame, acting as a booster. They continued to make their way to the city headed to where Izumi's location was last scene.

Right now, both of them powered their quirk to their limit, trying to head to where Iida was the last time saw them. Iida could feel his leg about to get overheated from continuously using his engine over and over, but he couldn't afford to slow down not knowing what Izuku could do to his friends, and as the class president he has a duty to watch over his classmate.

"Are we about to get close?" Shoka asked the speedster in front of her.

"We're supposed to. Just a few minutes out and we're supposed to spot them." Iida replied.

While they were headed to the location, Shoka wanted to ask about what he saw in the battle just before he makes his way to the evacuation center. From what she heard, few of the civilians saw Izuku wreaking havoc on the city and she want to clarify those rumors.

"Is... Is Izuku there also?" Shoka asked and for a second, she swore that she saw the class president quiver. He stays in silence for a moment before replying to her question.

"Yeah... he's also there," he answered without looking at her. Then suddenly, an explosion happened right at the right part of the alley where they were both located. It's just a few blocks away from their location.

Both Iida and Shoka looked at each other and know that's where Izuku is there. Both of them powered their quirk and headed toward the danger. As they continued, the explosion is followed once more and they prepared themself for battle and to face the demon haunting their past.

.

.

.

.