Chapter 54 The Devil vs The Oppressor

Aizawa stood behind the wall in an alley as he began to take cover from the attack that was coming for him. He was just coming back from the city after leading the civilians to an evacuation route along with the other heroes that joined him. The news of the incoming attack hit him in the street as he began to join an evacuation plan. Luckily, there's an emergency shelter in the area allowing the civilian to run away in the midst of panic.

After he was done, he received an instruction coming from Nezu telling him to assist Endeavour who was having trouble with one of the Outcast groups. He was told to head there and provide backup to the flame hero and erase his quirk. He leaps onto the city rooftop while meeting with other pro heroes and a few underground heroes, some of them he recognized from the job. They continued running when he suddenly heard a gunshot coming straight toward him. Luckily, it was missed by an inch as he was forced to immediately take cover along with several others.

He exhaled his breath while looking from the alley trying to identify the shooter's location but found to be difficult. The moment that he tried to get a better look at the situation, he was met with a bullet ricocheting toward the wall, making him falter.

One of the heroes in the group also tried to run to the backside of the alley and escaped, but before he could do that, a bullet shot is fired from an unknown location hitting the road where he was about to escape, proof of a warning shot.

"Dammit, we're trapped." one of the female heroes wearing a salmon-colored blouse said looking at the situation.

"It must be Shawn from that Outcast group." her companion told her.

"I heard that he was coming from the military, but I don't think that his skill would be this good."

"But the shots coming from two different areas. Is it possible that there's more than one shooter?"

"Perhaps he hired some snipers to keep guard as well."

However, Aizawa who was among the group didn't seem to be convinced by that theory at all. He knows that if there's more than one shooter, then he would be watching a massacre almost like a war with bullets showering on the street. But the road had been quiet since they choose to hide, so it must be only one person who operates the rifle.

"Dammit... let's bet everything we got and run away from here." one of the heroes suggested.

"We can't do that. We'll all get shot down!!" one of the underground heroes yelled at his suggestion.

Aizawa knows that this whole thing is nothing but a trap, especially for him. He knows that among the hero, he was considered a specialist amongst the heroes in Japan. His erasure is a unique quirk that could allow you to erase your opponent's quirk as long as you're in his line of sight. His quirk would definitely use to take down a group of powerhouse like the Outcast of Hell and it's not like he's considered himself a fighting force, his quirk actually worked best with others who had great battle power to compensate for his lack of battle prowess.

But right now, he couldn't escape from the cage he was in and provided support for the others. If he choose to leave, then his body could be riddled with bullets, but if he choose to remain here then he couldn't help the others. He clicks his tongue in anger realizing that he was trapped in this cage of bullets. They don't know where the shots are coming from and that could be dangerous for them. Aizawa thought that Shawn is probably only using a single rifle to fire the shots while using an automated gun with a motion sensor to fire off anything that moves within the radius.

Shawn who was at the top of the building looked through the scope of his rifle in the prone position of a sniper. He looked from the scope as he watched the heroes try to escape from the alley, but he fired off a shot on the floor where they were about to take a step to warn them not to escape from where they are. He had no intention to kill them but he was instructed with a specific order coming from Izuku, telling him to block Eraserhead from meeting with the others.