Try

Authors Note: Thank you all so much for reading this story, you are amazing, the song above is what I was listening to writing this chapter, have a wonderful weekend. XOXO

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence.

Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

I had driven well down the street and around the corner when I pulled the bike over, I pulled off my helmet and put my head in my hands, taking a few deep breaths.

'You're a coward.' My brain mocked, and it was right, I was, she had clearly kissed me back, I should have walked her to her bedroom and fucked her so hard she knew she was being punished for not calling me.

But as immature and juvenile as it sounded - I was and am simply scared, I was frightened because of how I was starting to feel about her, I didn't dare think to say that I was falling in love with her, but something close – something so foreign to me I don't know how to act.

What was her relationship with Bradley, they had spent a lot of time together, and he didn't leave her house for a while, I found myself getting jealous for no reason.

I shook my head, I needed some sleep, some good and relaxing sleep, I would deal with all the emotions tomorrow, I really thought about Mavericks words, they were cutting me deeper than I had realized before I had touched and seen her tonight.

I put my helmet on and started driving home.

--- Stella's Point of View ---

{The Next Day}

"You know you don't have to go on this drill." Vice Admiral Simpson said as we were walking out to the aircrafts.

"Rooster is back in action and so am I, we only have a month until we must complete this mission, so I need all the flight time with Hangman I can get."

"Are you sure you want Seresin on this mission with you? Bradshaw might be a better fit."

I felt my anger start to rise, one, I hated being left fucking high and dry last night, so I was already on edge because of that, and I was tired of defending my choice of front seat pilot for this mission.

"Look Hangman is the pilot going with me, end of story, they said this could by my call, with all due respect, please respect my choice."

"Alright, consider it dropped, but you need to bring him to heel beforehand."

I turned from him, rolling my eyes, could I ever bring a man like him to heel, I mean, he's totally Alpha, and I had submitted to him completely.

I walked up to our aircraft, my stomach twisting at seeing his serious face, I hated not seeing the affection in his eyes that I had seen before.

"Amethyst...you ready?"

I nodded at him, he turned away from me.

Wordlessly he helped me into my seat, making sure I didn't fall, I could tell by his expression that he didn't want to talk so I didn't push it.

When he had gotten in he turned on his microphone.

"Are you strapped in?"

"Yes."

"Alright, let's get up in the air."

{2 Hours Later}

The drills went smoothly, he grumbled about me asking him to do things but the communication between us was minimal.

"Can we take a flight over the west side of the mountains; I have to calibrate things, am I clear to do so?"

"Affirmative." The flight control tower allowed.

Hangman without communicating with me turned the aircraft out over the mountains, I switched to our private communications.

"Can we talk about what happened last night?"

"Look, I honestly shouldn't have done that, look...maybe we should keep this very separation, and not let our feelings get in the way – we need to be professional."

It felt like a knife to the heart, I had to take a few deep breaths, this was not the time or place to have a freak out about this.

"Is that what you want?"

I was shocked at my own voice, so soft and timid.

"It's not what I want, but I am going to insist upon it. For the sake of the mission."

"Fuck Hangman..."

"Please Amethyst, don't push this, it's a hard enough time letting this go." There was such pain in his voice it made me pause, he was actually begging.

I took a few deep breaths, I knew I was better than this, I had to get control of myself, I had to focus.

"As you wish, I'll do as you ask and leave us alone from now on. Give me a moment to recalibrate something then we can go back to base." I was shocked at how unflinching my voice sounded, I smiled at myself, knowing I got control of my emotions for the moment.

But there was a dull ache in my hear that just didn't seem to go anywhere, I had to get out of this aircraft and on the ground soon.