Mistake

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships and sexual punishment.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

There was a long pause before he replied, and he stammered.

"I'm sorry what?"

I knew I had spoken clearly, and I don't know why I was annoyed but I fixed my voice to try and hide my annoyance at having to repeat it – I was shocked at how stunned he was, I expected instant understanding, maybe that was a bit hopeful thinking.

"We decided to finally tie the knot, we haven't been able to get a flight home until tomorrow, so we decided to just do it and catch the first flight we can."

"Hold on...how do you go from her being with Hangman on a romantic trip to her marrying you? How in the hell does that track?"

"That's a logical question but I don't think that it is the time or place to really get into it, how is Hangman."

"Uh..." I listened to Mav stammer a little bit, to his credit he seemed to be trying to get a hold of himself.

"He was seriously injured, and I think Stella is going to want to be with him, in case things go south."

My heart started to constrict a little at his words, was it really that bad? I knew he wouldn't lie so it really was.

I dry swallowed.

"I understand, I will make sure that I get her there."

"Rooster...you are serous aren't you, the two of you married now? She is now a Bradshaw."

"Yes, we have to do the final paperwork and go get her last name legally change but we are married under the law."

"Did Hangman know that you were going to do this?"

I closed my eyes.

"No he didn't, this was spur of the moment but we do not regret this in the least, we love one another Maverick, and we do have Aurora to think about."

"Fuck if he survives this, I doubt he is ever going to forgive you."

"I know."

"We both know Hangman, do you really think he is going to let her go with any sort of ease."

I put my head in my hand and pinched the bridge on my nose with my fingers, taking in a deep breath, I knew that he was going to put up a fight.

"I know, and I am ready for whatever comes my way for making this choice."

There was a long pause. "Tell me when you are about to land, I'll pick you up and bring the two of you to where he is."

"Thanks Mav."

"Don't thank me, I think you and have done something without really thinking about the consequences."

He hung up on me, I knew that he was right on some level, but I really didn't care, I had gotten what I wanted, I had gotten my girl.

I walked back into the room and she looked up at me, her green eyes wide, so loving and so trusting as she gave me a smile, I couldn't bring myself to regret doing this, or even regret the fact that I am going to lose Hangman as a friend over this.

I smiled and walked forward, I wanted her, I couldn't wait for the food, I wanted to claim her as my own.