Call Her

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

--- Stella's Point of View ---

"Hey sweetheart." Auroa all but leapt out of Penny's arms and into Roosters, hugging him, I held back for a moment and let her love on her dad.

After a moment she looked beyond her dads arm and saw me, my heart soared at the delightful cry at her seeing me.

"Thank you for watching her." I commented taking her out of Roosters arms where she hugged me.

"You're welcome, I swear I didn't get much time with her, Maverick hogs her all the time."

I saw Rooster smile at that, Mav was like his father, and has become more of a grandparent to Auroa than my own parents.

She smiled between us, after a moment her smile seemed to fall a little and her expression became more serious.

"Have you been to see Hangman?"

"No, we just got back, I'm going to see him." Rooster answered.

I turned and paid attention to my daughter, I didn't want to talk about this, I simply focused on our daughter, I wasn't ready to deal with anything that had to do with Hangman, I wasn't sure if I would be ever able to deal.

I was just going to put trust and love into my husband, and let him take charge of this like he had offered to do.

{6 Hours Later}

"Did she give you any trouble?" I asked, Rooster had wanted to put her to bed, he read to her and rubbed our daughters back until she fell asleep.

"She gave me not trouble, I missed her."

"So did I, it's nice that we are all together again."

I was already in in bed, I was wearing a nightdress, I watched as he undressed down to his boxers.

He moved the sheets and got into bed, he reached over and moved to me pull me against him, I wrapped my arms around him.

"This is how it is meant to be, we are meant to be a family, all three of us." He pressed his cheek against mine then after a moment he moved and kissed me, this felt like home.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

"Thank you." I looked up at the nurse, I had woken up and I was debriefed by my handler, I had been shot, and the pain was awful.

I looked up as Mav walked into the room.

"I'm scared to ask, how is Stella."

I saw something flicker across his face, I couldn't read his expression, and I saw him adjust his expression and give me a smile that was faker than it should have been.

"She's fine as far as I know, Rooster made sure that she got back home and to her daughter."

I leaned back and let out a sigh, a mix of pain and exhaustion, the guilt was eating away at me, I had left her alone at sea.

I knew that she was more than capable of taking care of herself, that isn't the issue, I knew that I had abandoned her again. She must be upset at me.

I was appalled when I woke up and Davina was here, I asked that she be kept away for now.

Mav looked me over.

"Can I get you anything."

"Maybe my cell phone, or a cell phone, I need to call Stella."

Again, he looked uncomfortable.

"Ill get that for you."

"Thank you, Mav." He nodded and left the room.

A bad feeling started to come into my mind, what was he hiding? I really needed to talk to Stella, my beautiful Amethyst, I wanted to hold her, and apologize – I really needed to dedicate myself to her more, I had let my professional life get in the way, being injured had made me think things over, I wanted her, she was all that I wanted.