Meal Tray

Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships so trigger warning for that.

Warning!! Chaptermay contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex andextreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence

Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

I looked back up at the paramedic, he had a very grim look, that made me more than a little uneasy.

"How bad?" I asked, swallowing hard.

He looked around while everyone was distracted, he seemed to be thinking about it.

"If you are going to say anything...kiss her, I would do it now..."

I bit back my tears, gently I moved over and took down her oxygen mask, quickly and gently I leaned down and kissed her lips, chastely, putting her oxygen mask back on.

I kneeled next to her, leaning forward.

"I love you, I know it's crazy, but I do, I want you behind me in the air, I don't know if I can continue flying if you don't make it..." I sobbed, nuzzling my head against her throat, wrapping my arm around her.

"I swear if you pull though this, I'm never going to let you go, I'm going to tie you to my fucking bed." I growled.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

I was on the catapult ready to escort Stella to the mainland, I looked over and saw something that made me pause, my heart aching.

Right on the runway I saw the medics standing by Stella who was on a lifted stretcher, and I saw Hangman with her.

He was kneeling and his head was buried in her neck, I could somewhat tell from this distance, but it was clear that he was distraught.

I was shocked, Hangman was always known to grandstand and had an ego the size of the sun, seeing him like this, he was...vulnerable.

I swallowed hard and looked when I heard the helicopter coming, they had sent a CH-53K King Stallion, they had brough out the big guns.

I felt selfish, I wanted her, more than I had ever led on and more than I should but seeing him with her...fuck, should I back off?

The helicopter landed and I watched as they loaded her and Hangman went in with her, I smiled happy that she had someone familiar with her.

--- Stella's Point of View ---

{10 Day's Later}

When I woke up I felt like something had been pressing on my shoulder, I felt dizzy, and I wished I was put back into the beautiful bliss of unconsciousness.

My eyes slowly opened; I looked around very confused.

The last thing that I remembered was I was on the deck of the carrier, and I was talking to Maverick, I looked over and saw a doctor come in, smiling.

"Finally, away, you have been in and out of it."

He walked forward and checked my pupils; I didn't move much because I saw that I was attached to a few things.

"Glad you are doing alright; it was touch and go there for a while."

"What happened to me?" I questioned worried.

"You were shot, from aircraft machinegun fire, you are lucky it didn't blow you apart, you have been in the hospital for the past 10 days... your boyfriend was so stressed we have resorted to sedate him otherwise he wouldn't sleep."

I must have given him a very confused look, because he pointed to the side.

"Looking over I saw Hangman laying on the pullout couch/bed in the room, he was sleeping peacefully."

My heart soared at seeing him, not just because he was handsome and mine, but I saw the dark circles under his eyes, even asleep he looked exhausted.

"Has he been here the whole time."

"Never left your side, you had a few other visitors, but he stayed here, he only went out when a Mr. Bradshaw forced him to join him for lunch... let's see if you can hold down food, I'll get you one of our meal trays..."

With that the doctor left, I didn't even look at him.

"Hangman..." I said loudly, he startled away, he looked over at me rubbing his eyes, I saw him look confused for a moment then joy.

"Amethyst."