Tears

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

"Rooster..." She giggled as I kept on kissing her neck, I knew that I was leaving a love bite, I made sure it was on the base of her neck and not up, she would be able to somewhat hide it.

Playfully she pushed me, and I let her.

"Sorry, I found a spot that I liked the taste of..."

I jumped a little bit when there was a knock at the door.

"That would be the food."

I got up off the bed, redressing my robe to cover myself more and I answered the door, tipped the delivery guy and told him I would roll the cart into the hall later.

"That smells good."

I pushed it over to the end of the bed where there was a bench at the end of the bed, she moved down and sat at the edge, I pulled the covers off of our food.

I smiled as she reached for the pickle and eat it, reaching over I handed her mine, the smile she gave me made my heart skip a little.

Our eyes met for a moment, and I couldn't believe that she was mine now, she was my wife, when we got back home she even would have my last name, I couldn't wait to hold both her and our daughter in my arms at the same time, as a family.

I sat down next to her, my stomach rumbled, I hadn't really eaten much because of the sudden decision to tie the knot, she was also hungry because she dug in.

Smiling at her I started eating as well, we ate in a comfortable silence, she put down her sandwich and I felt her eyes on me, I loved the way that she looked at me.

"I love you Rooster."

I swallowed, her voice was so soft, and there was clear honesty in the words.

"I love you too."

She smiled again and kept on eating.

How in god's name did I get this lucky that she picked me? I felt fortunate to have her.

--- Maverick's Point of View ---

I decided to head home for the night, Hangman's family was here and they were staying with him, Jenny handed me Aurora when I got home and I spent some time with her – she never failed to make me smile, just walking outside with her until she feel asleep in my arms.

Rooster and Amethyst were now married.

That seemed impossible to me – something that I never thought would happen – even when we thought Hangman had died in action, I knew that logically it wasn't an impossible idea or possibility, they had Aurora and they got along.

But from what I have watched as an outside observer, Amethyst and Hangman were more compatible than Rooster and her, hands down.

I turned around and started walking back home, it was late – way later than I meant it to be, and she needed to be put to bed.

I was worried about what Hangman would do it Rooster, because when it comes to Amethyst, I sometimes worried that Hangman was somewhat unhinged.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

I was breathing hard as I pulled my body up and looked down at her, I saw that she was crying.

"Babe..." I rested myself on my arm beside her head and used my other to wipe her tears, she turned into my touch.

"What is wrong?"

I was putting most of my weight on her, I wondered if it hurt her so I shifted my body slightly to the side but keeping my upper torso pinning her to the bed.

"I'm just happy."

I leaned down and kissed her, there was a comfortable familiarity with us making love that made our connection deeper.

Turning fully onto my side I pulled her into a hug, she tucked her body into me and I closed my eyes, we had an early flight and needed sleep.