49

We both sat in silence as I cried. After a while, I managed to calm myself down. I looked down at Henry who was already looking up at me patiently.

"Is he really gone?" I ask, wiping tears from my eyes.

"No," he softly shook his head.

"Where the fuck is he?" I asked quietly.

"Hidden, for now."

"No! No, you can't just do that! If you cared about me even a little bit you'd let me have him back now! Do not keep him from me or I will kill you myself." I shouted.

"I do... care about you," he struggled to speak as he winced at his wounds. "You're my daughter, of course, I care about you. You will get Dustin back. I'm sorry I've caused you so much pain. I did it because I thought it would have fixed things. Made you remember me. But I think I was wrong. I've sifted through your mind and realized how much pain it caused you. I know it's affected you. I understand if you don't forgive me. I just... I want to have a relationship with you. I want Luna back. I've needed you to join me so I can find her. I can't do it without you. I figured if I could get you to help me, I could have her back. I don't have the ability to search for her like you do. I just wanted my family. Seeing you with Claudia and Dustin, and how happy you are, brought more emotions out of me. I hated seeing that you have another family. A family that wasn't me," I watched as tears started rolling down the side of his face.

I just looked at him. I sat there, staring at this stranger. This horrible person. I get it... I guess, wanting something you can't have. Something being in the way. And the way he grew up was fucked, it really messed him up. He's been alone with his family his out of reach. I feel kind of sorry for him. He never got a chance at a good life. He watched me live my life without him.

"You know, in some weird, twisted way, I forgive you. But I'll never forget what you did to me," I watched as a small smile appeared on his face.

"You don't understand how much that means to me, Y/n. I know I've hurt you and it's worse that it was intentional. I figured if you lost like I had, maybe you'd side with me. Maybe you'd be able to connect with me. And I realize how stupid that was of me."

"I guess I'm not perfect either, I did just swarm some bats to eat you," I laughed.

"You had a good reason," he chuckled.

"We need to get your wounds treated. Wait, is this real? Are you actually bleeding?" I asked.

"Well, you think it's a dream. But, we just moved our consciousness to another world. So, yeah it's all happening. I'm really bleeding," he nodded.

"Well, I'm not saying sorry because... I'm not," I smile at him.

"I can fix it, don't worry. I caused this, the least I can do is fix it," Henry sat up weakly. "Shit," he muttered, squeezing his eyes shut from the pain.

"Well, good luck because I have to go back to my world," I said. I stood up and dusted my hands off on my jeans.

_____

My eyes fluttered open. I look around and see that I'm in a hospital room. It's dark outside and Eddie is passed out on the pull-out couch. I felt a sting in my leg and lift the blanket to see a lot of stitches running down my leg. It looked so gross. I cover it back up with the blanket and look at Eddie who's waking up. His eyes widened and he rushed over to me when he noticed I was awake.

"You're awake! Finally, I missed you," he smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Any news on my leg?" I ask him.

"They pulled a bunch of huge splinters out. They also did a few examinations to make sure they were all out then stitched you up. There are pain killers on the nightstand if the pain gets too bad, and your mother kindly convinced the doctors to let me stay the night," he smiled at the last part.

"You're never looking at my leg again," I laugh.

He shook his head with a bit of a laugh. "I'm glad you're awake."

"I'm glad you're awake. I was scared I was gonna have to sit here all by my lonesome."

"You're lucky I had to take a piss," Eddie stands and walks away into the bathroom. Before he closed the door, he peeked his head out and smiled at me quickly. Why? I don't know.

I laid there, still feeling tired after being asleep for so long. A few minutes later, Eddie walked out wiping his wet hands on his jeans. He was making his way back to the pull-out when I stopped him.

"Eddie, wait. Could you lay with me please?" I asked.

He turned to me, looking at my face then to my leg, then back to my face with a confused look. "Your uhm... I don't wanna crush your leg."

"Then lay on the other side. I can make room," I scooted over a bit. He walked to the other side of the bed and laid down on top of my left side. His head rested on my chest as he pulled the blanket over himself. I smiled as he kissed my chest a few times.

"Goodnight sweetheart," he said as he got comfortable.

"Goodnight," I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.