One Shot Contest 🥈 Place Winner!!

Written by the amazing Daddy_Long_Leg_1

~many years ago~

"Mum! Dad! Grian! I'm home-" a young boy came back home to find a horrifying sense that cursed his eyes.

Blood.

Blood everywhere. On the walls, on the floor, even on the ceiling. Two dead bodies were lying in the middle of a doorway, and a small figure was huddled up in a corner, covering himself up with small wings.

"wha- Grian!" The boy ran up to the small figure.
As he approached, the figure shot his head up. Cold, blood-red eyes met the boy's brown ones and blood was dripping slowly out of it's mouth. "Grian..." tears were swelling up in the boy's eyes. Grian averted his eyes as tears started to pour down his face and his wings tensed even more, "mumby! I'm sowy! I-I-I lost contwol! Sowwy! I- I nevew w-wanted this to happen-" Grian started to choke on his own words.

The boy (Mumbo), just came up closer and hugged him. "I didn't want this to happen- I nevew wanted it to happen- I- I undewstand if you'll give me to the- to the people with swowds..."

There was only pain and guilt in Grian's eyes.
This made Mumbo brake down, "no one is going to hurt you. I'll make sure of it."

"but what if I huwt you too?" stray tears were prickling in his eyes. Mumbo scrambled in his pocket before finding a bamboo muzzle. "I really don't want to put you into a muzzle but if you want to, then I won't disagree..."

Grian took the muzzle in his small hands and set in his mouth. Mumbo would lie if he said that Grian didn't look adorable in the muzzle.

~8 years later~
Mumbo was leaving the portal of Hermitcraft season 3; happy, with a sense of accomplishment in his soul. It was already the end of the season, which means he now has to stay at the hub for about a month so that Xisuma could make a new world for them to play on. He was really exited, as he would be having a friend over at his house, but at the same time, he was extremely terrified.
Terrified of what will happen if he found Grian.

You see, Mumbo left Grian at his personal house while he was at Hermitcraft (though he was visiting the demon ever week or so). It was unsafe to bring the being onto the server, he knew how brutal people could be and how unforgiving some of the members are.

Grian, still having the bamboo muzzle on him, was really nervous. He haven't eat- SEEN another human for ages and he was really hung- EXCITED AND NERVOUS.

Grian shook his head, laying on the bed in his small, plain room. Why was he thinking these things? Humans are friends, not food. Humans are family, not food. Don't hurt humans.
Don't hurt humans.
Don't hurt humans.
Don't hurt humans.
The thought repeated over and over again.

His room had no sunshine, as it would burn his ghostly-pale skin; he was scared to leave his room as he thought that someone might seen him through the windows and that would get Big Brother into trouble; he was scared to think what might happen to Big Brother's friend if he lost control again.
God dammit, why is life so complicated?

~stole the camera man for 3 days~

There was a knock on the door. Mumbo came to open it. He was greeted by a man, who was about a head shorter than him, wearing a green hoodie with a woodland-brown backpack.
"Iskall! It's so good to see you!" Mumbo engulfed the man at the door in a big hug.

they both entered the house. Iskall tensed slightly at the small sense of a demon was coming from the house. Mumbo turned around to Iskall and looked at him. "hey, you ok, mate?"
"yeah, I'm fine, just thought that there was a strange smell." Iskall laughed it off.
Mumbo gave Iskall a house tour and showed him the room were he'd be staying. It was medium sized room that was on the second floor. It had a large window that came out of a beautiful view on the hub and a blue double bed that lay parallel to the window. A small walk-in wardrobe to change with birch shelves and defiantly zero diorite.